The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What's in YOUR mic locker??? Condenser Microphones
Old 30th September 2009
  #241
Gear Maniac
 
Vintageblue02's Avatar
 

Cool

Condensers:
*M-Audio Nova x2
*MXL V67g
*MXL 550
*MXL 551
*AKG 120
*Behringer C-2 x2

Ribbons:
*MXL R44

Dynamics:
*Shure PG56
*Shure PG57
*Nady DM90
*Sennheiser e609
*Radioshack Dynamic hyper cardioid mic

Go team go!
Attached Thumbnails
What's in YOUR mic locker???-s6307151.jpg  
Old 30th September 2009
  #242
Lives for gear
 
superiorsound's Avatar
 

2 u87
2 cascade fat heads II
2 sm7bs
4 sm57s
1 Beta 52
2 c214
1 mojave ma201
3 m179
2 mc012
2 c414
rode k2
assorted cheapos.
Old 30th September 2009
  #243
Recently added some, but still holding down the way low end:

M-audio Nova x3
AT2020
SM57
MXL 990/991 (which I'm planning to have modded by Mr. Joly)
Old 30th September 2009
  #244
Here for the gear
 

Hi everyone,
Newly registered, and describing my low end cabinet:
Rode NT-2
Beyerdynamic M-500N
AKG 451x2
Cascade C77
AKG D-12e
Holding out to buy more when I can
Old 1st October 2009
  #245
Deleted 86c3d96
Guest
A really big spider. Will someone come by and humanely kill it with fire?
Old 1st October 2009
  #246
Here for the gear
 

My huge list:

1 Audio Technica Pro 35

I am compiling all these lists in an excel spreadsheet to see any trends, most common mics, average/min/max number of mics etc. anyone else interested in me posting it here when i'm done? Meanwhile keep the lists coming. Also is there a similar thread in high-end?
Old 1st October 2009
  #247
Lives for gear
 
dustyreels's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by havanagilaboy View Post
My huge list:

1 Audio Technica Pro 35

I am compiling all these lists in an excel spreadsheet to see any trends, most common mics, average/min/max number of mics etc. anyone else interested in me posting it here when i'm done? Meanwhile keep the lists coming. Also is there a similar thread in high-end?
Go for it! We nerds love all things microphones!
Old 1st October 2009
  #248
Gear Maniac
 
Apprentice's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by havanagilaboy View Post
My huge list:

1 Audio Technica Pro 35

I am compiling all these lists in an excel spreadsheet to see any trends, most common mics, average/min/max number of mics etc. anyone else interested in me posting it here when i'm done? Meanwhile keep the lists coming. Also is there a similar thread in high-end?

wow... that's gonna take a while. but thanks!

and here are mine:

1 SM58
1 AT2035
1 CAD m179
1 EV N/D468
Old 1st October 2009
  #249
Gear Maniac
 
Oscar G. Hinde's Avatar
 

2 - AKG c414 XLS
2 - Audio Technica AT 4040
1 - Neumann U87
3 - Sennheiser MD 421
1 - Sennheiser MD 441
2 - Shure SM 57
1 - Shure SM 58
1 - Audix D6

Next on my list is a Shinybox ribbon mic and a pair of KM184s.
Old 1st October 2009
  #250
Gear Addict
 
OliverV's Avatar
 

2 Brauner Phantom SE
2 Shure SM57
1 Shure SM58
2 Shure SM59
1 Shure SM81
1 Shure SM7B
1 AKG C414B-ULS [+ Audio Upgrades mod]
1 AKG D550
2 Sahiaman 'Little Blondie'
1 Placid Audio Copperphone
2 SE Electronics SE1a
1 SE Electronics Titan
1 Blue Bluebird
1 Revox M3500
1 Rode NT1
4 Accusound violin / cello mics
3 Realistic PZM
1 Sony ECM-909
1 Yamaha Subkick
1 Dayton Audio EMM-6
1 Carbon mic in telephone handset
1 Egg-static harmonica mic
plus a few cheap contact mics & a hydrophone
Old 1st October 2009
  #251
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprentice View Post
wow... that's gonna take a while. but thanks!
Yeah, done 1st page of the thread til now. 8 more to go.
Old 2nd October 2009
  #252
Gear Nut
 

I have way too many mics for someone that doesn't have a proper studio.
It may be connected with finding out about gearslutz about 2 years ago...
I have since been trading on ebay and using as many as possible in order to get to know different sounds. I am now starting to settle on those that fulfil my needs and have come to understand that many on this list are somehow redundant.
Next I'm saving to buy a really good LDC (serious investment) and I will probably be selling a large chunk of this.

Why is it so hard to resist one more mic?


2 ADK A-51
1 AEG D11 (Telefunken D11B)
1 AEG D77 stereo (AKG D77)
1 AEG TD 19 C (AKG D19)
1 Aiwa DM 14
1 Aiwa DM 503
1 Aiwa DM 65
1 AKG C 4500 B-BC
1 AKG C3000B
1 AKG D1000C Gold
1 AKG D11 Twinstereo
1 AKG D19
1 AKG D200
1 AKG D202
1 AKG D202 ES
1 AKG D310
1 AKG D330
1 AKG D58
1 AKG D880
1 Apex 435
1 Ardente MC7
3 Audio-Technica boundary AT871R
2 Audio-Technica PRO25
2 Audio-Technica PRO383
1 Audio-Technica U851R boundary
1 Beyer Dynamic FG-X20
1 Beyer Dynamic M 260
2 Beyer Dynamic M 500 N (C)
2 Beyer dynamic M10 (Opus 66)
1 Beyer Dynamic M119
1 Beyer dynamic M411N
1 Beyer Dynamic M88 N
4 Beyer Dynamic Soundstar XN1
2 Beyer M300N C
2 Beyer M400 Soundstar MKII
2 Beyer M55
1 Beyer M600
1 Beyer M69
1 Beyer M700N (C)S
1 Beyer M80
1 Beyer M81
1 Beyer MPC 22 EQ3
1 DM 2414 N RFT FML DDR
1 DM 622 RFT FML DDR
1 Dynacord DD500 (AKG D1000)
1 Funkberater MD30
2 Grampian DP4/X
1 Grundig GDM322
1 Grundig GDSM 202 stereo
1 Grundig GDSM200 (Sennheiser MD409)
2 Grundig GMD121 GOLD (Sennheiser MD21)
1 Harting MD403 (Sennheiser MD409)
1 Labor W MD21 (Sennheiser MD21)
1 MBHO MBC 201
1 MXL V67i
1 Nady TCM 1050 tube
1 Peavey PVM 520 (bassdrum)
1 Philips EL3757 / 00 Stereo
1 Philips EL6112 (tipo bulet)
4 Revox M 3500 (Beyer M201)
1 Saba D77 Stereo (AKG D77)
2 Selmer R.L1 Ribbon (only 1 working really good)
1 Sennheiser MD 408
1 Sennheiser MD 416N
1 Sennheiser MD 416U
1 Sennheiser MD214 Lavalier
1 Shure 550L (paging mic)
1 SHURE 839 Lavalier
1 STC 4113 ribbon
2 Strässer CM507(MBHO)
2 Strässer CM508 (MBHO)
1 Strässer M17 (Beyer M68)
1 T.Bone SCT 800 tube
2 TAKSTAR PCM6100
1 Tannoy dynamic (model unknown)
2 Tannoy ribbon (model unknown)
1 Telefunekn D11
1 Telefunken D77 Stereo
1 Telefunken D9a
1 Telefunken D9d
1 Telefunken M611
1 Telefunken MD 420-4T
1 Telefunken TD11
1 Telefunken TD19C (AKG D19)
1 Telefunken TD20
1 Telefunken TD21
1 Telefunken TD24
1 Telefunken TD25
1 Telefunken TD26
1 Telefunken TD300
1 Telefunken TD33
1 Telefunken TD5
1 Telefunken TD60
1 Telefunken TD-66
1 Telefunken TD9
2 Uher M512
3 Uher M516
1 Uher M531
4 Uher M534
2 Uher M537
1 Uher Stereo M634
Old 2nd October 2009
  #253
Lives for gear
 
Fishmed's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feromongo View Post
I have way too many mics for someone that doesn't have a proper studio.
It may be connected with finding out about gearslutz about 2 years ago...
I have since been trading on ebay and using as many as possible in order to get to know different sounds. I am now starting to settle on those that fulfil my needs and have come to understand that many on this list are somehow redundant.
Next I'm saving to buy a really good LDC (serious investment) and I will probably be selling a large chunk of this.

Why is it so hard to resist one more mic?


2 ADK A-51
1 AEG D11 (Telefunken D11B)
1 AEG D77 stereo (AKG D77)
1 AEG TD 19 C (AKG D19)
1 Aiwa DM 14
1 Aiwa DM 503
1 Aiwa DM 65
1 AKG C 4500 B-BC
1 AKG C3000B
1 AKG D1000C Gold
1 AKG D11 Twinstereo
1 AKG D19
1 AKG D200
1 AKG D202
1 AKG D202 ES
1 AKG D310
1 AKG D330
1 AKG D58
1 AKG D880
1 Apex 435
1 Ardente MC7
3 Audio-Technica boundary AT871R
2 Audio-Technica PRO25
2 Audio-Technica PRO383
1 Audio-Technica U851R boundary
1 Beyer Dynamic FG-X20
1 Beyer Dynamic M 260
2 Beyer Dynamic M 500 N (C)
2 Beyer dynamic M10 (Opus 66)
1 Beyer Dynamic M119
1 Beyer dynamic M411N
1 Beyer Dynamic M88 N
4 Beyer Dynamic Soundstar XN1
2 Beyer M300N C
2 Beyer M400 Soundstar MKII
2 Beyer M55
1 Beyer M600
1 Beyer M69
1 Beyer M700N (C)S
1 Beyer M80
1 Beyer M81
1 Beyer MPC 22 EQ3
1 DM 2414 N RFT FML DDR
1 DM 622 RFT FML DDR
1 Dynacord DD500 (AKG D1000)
1 Funkberater MD30
2 Grampian DP4/X
1 Grundig GDM322
1 Grundig GDSM 202 stereo
1 Grundig GDSM200 (Sennheiser MD409)
2 Grundig GMD121 GOLD (Sennheiser MD21)
1 Harting MD403 (Sennheiser MD409)
1 Labor W MD21 (Sennheiser MD21)
1 MBHO MBC 201
1 MXL V67i
1 Nady TCM 1050 tube
1 Peavey PVM 520 (bassdrum)
1 Philips EL3757 / 00 Stereo
1 Philips EL6112 (tipo bulet)
4 Revox M 3500 (Beyer M201)
1 Saba D77 Stereo (AKG D77)
2 Selmer R.L1 Ribbon (only 1 working really good)
1 Sennheiser MD 408
1 Sennheiser MD 416N
1 Sennheiser MD 416U
1 Sennheiser MD214 Lavalier
1 Shure 550L (paging mic)
1 SHURE 839 Lavalier
1 STC 4113 ribbon
2 Strässer CM507(MBHO)
2 Strässer CM508 (MBHO)
1 Strässer M17 (Beyer M68)
1 T.Bone SCT 800 tube
2 TAKSTAR PCM6100
1 Tannoy dynamic (model unknown)
2 Tannoy ribbon (model unknown)
1 Telefunekn D11
1 Telefunken D77 Stereo
1 Telefunken D9a
1 Telefunken D9d
1 Telefunken M611
1 Telefunken MD 420-4T
1 Telefunken TD11
1 Telefunken TD19C (AKG D19)
1 Telefunken TD20
1 Telefunken TD21
1 Telefunken TD24
1 Telefunken TD25
1 Telefunken TD26
1 Telefunken TD300
1 Telefunken TD33
1 Telefunken TD5
1 Telefunken TD60
1 Telefunken TD-66
1 Telefunken TD9
2 Uher M512
3 Uher M516
1 Uher M531
4 Uher M534
2 Uher M537
1 Uher Stereo M634
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenlunch View Post
One swallow doesn't make a summer.
Is it summertime?
Old 2nd October 2009
  #254
Lives for gear
 
dustyreels's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feromongo View Post


2 ADK A-51
1 AEG D11 (Telefunken D11B)
1 AEG D77 stereo (AKG D77)
1 AEG TD 19 C (AKG D19)
1 Aiwa DM 14
1 Aiwa DM 503
1 Aiwa DM 65
1 AKG C 4500 B-BC
1 AKG C3000B
1 AKG D1000C Gold
1 AKG D11 Twinstereo
1 AKG D19
1 AKG D200
1 AKG D202
1 AKG D202 ES
1 AKG D310
1 AKG D330
1 AKG D58
1 AKG D880
1 Apex 435
1 Ardente MC7
3 Audio-Technica boundary AT871R
2 Audio-Technica PRO25
2 Audio-Technica PRO383
1 Audio-Technica U851R boundary
1 Beyer Dynamic FG-X20
1 Beyer Dynamic M 260
2 Beyer Dynamic M 500 N (C)
2 Beyer dynamic M10 (Opus 66)
1 Beyer Dynamic M119
1 Beyer dynamic M411N
1 Beyer Dynamic M88 N
4 Beyer Dynamic Soundstar XN1
2 Beyer M300N C
2 Beyer M400 Soundstar MKII
2 Beyer M55
1 Beyer M600
1 Beyer M69
1 Beyer M700N (C)S
1 Beyer M80
1 Beyer M81
1 Beyer MPC 22 EQ3
1 DM 2414 N RFT FML DDR
1 DM 622 RFT FML DDR
1 Dynacord DD500 (AKG D1000)
1 Funkberater MD30
2 Grampian DP4/X
1 Grundig GDM322
1 Grundig GDSM 202 stereo
1 Grundig GDSM200 (Sennheiser MD409)
2 Grundig GMD121 GOLD (Sennheiser MD21)
1 Harting MD403 (Sennheiser MD409)
1 Labor W MD21 (Sennheiser MD21)
1 MBHO MBC 201
1 MXL V67i
1 Nady TCM 1050 tube
1 Peavey PVM 520 (bassdrum)
1 Philips EL3757 / 00 Stereo
1 Philips EL6112 (tipo bulet)
4 Revox M 3500 (Beyer M201)
1 Saba D77 Stereo (AKG D77)
2 Selmer R.L1 Ribbon (only 1 working really good)
1 Sennheiser MD 408
1 Sennheiser MD 416N
1 Sennheiser MD 416U
1 Sennheiser MD214 Lavalier
1 Shure 550L (paging mic)
1 SHURE 839 Lavalier
1 STC 4113 ribbon
2 Strässer CM507(MBHO)
2 Strässer CM508 (MBHO)
1 Strässer M17 (Beyer M68)
1 T.Bone SCT 800 tube
2 TAKSTAR PCM6100
1 Tannoy dynamic (model unknown)
2 Tannoy ribbon (model unknown)
1 Telefunekn D11
1 Telefunken D77 Stereo
1 Telefunken D9a
1 Telefunken D9d
1 Telefunken M611
1 Telefunken MD 420-4T
1 Telefunken TD11
1 Telefunken TD19C (AKG D19)
1 Telefunken TD20
1 Telefunken TD21
1 Telefunken TD24
1 Telefunken TD25
1 Telefunken TD26
1 Telefunken TD300
1 Telefunken TD33
1 Telefunken TD5
1 Telefunken TD60
1 Telefunken TD-66
1 Telefunken TD9
2 Uher M512
3 Uher M516
1 Uher M531
4 Uher M534
2 Uher M537
1 Uher Stereo M634
Wow! You just made havanagilaboy's job hell!!! heh
Old 2nd October 2009
  #255
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyReels View Post
Wow! You just made havanagilaboy's job hell!!! heh
Quite the list to enter, for sure. As I am looking into what mics to buy to start a low-end folk/bluegrass/irish/world music studio, compiling this is helping me discover new mics!
Old 2nd October 2009
  #256
Lives for gear
 
dustyreels's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by havanagilaboy View Post
Quite the list to enter, for sure. As I am looking into what mics to buy to start a low-end folk/bluegrass/irish/world music studio, compiling this is helping me discover new mics!
My first humble suggestion would be a AT 4050. Here's a great deal on one: Audio-Technica | AT4050 - Studio Mic with Shock Mount | AT4050
This mic is worth every penny, even when it's the full price of $599.00. My greatest piece of advice is to buy quality over quantity. This mic will stay with you for the long haul.
Old 2nd October 2009
  #257
Here for the gear
 

Hey Scott, Im in Asheville as well - near Oakley, although I am moving to virginia on Monday. Where is your studio located?
Old 2nd October 2009
  #258
Lives for gear
 
dustyreels's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by havanagilaboy View Post
Hey Scott, Im in Asheville as well - near Oakley, although I am moving to virginia on Monday. Where is your studio located?
I live on the west side. My studio is at my house. Spare bed room for a control room, living room is for tracking. I do mostly singer/songwriters and small projects. Check out my myspace page. I work at the Westville Pub. You should come by tonight for a beer!
Old 15th October 2009
  #259
Here for the gear
 

my few mics

condensers

rode nt1-a
rode nt4
studio projects c4 (pair)
Joemeek jm37dp

dynamics

shure sm58 (x2)
shure sm12a
superlux eco-88

graveyard

shure/realistic highball 33984-d
peavey pvm580tn
optimus 33-7060
cactus ????


yes, a cactus mic...wtf was that????


the list idea is nice btw! keep up the good work my friend!!
Old 15th October 2009
  #260
Gear Nut
 
faderc's Avatar
 

I work in a low cost community studio, so when i gave up collecting guitar pedals i switched to mics...

Heres the complete list for the studio with my personal mics having an *

AKG 451b

Beyerdynamic M88 x 2
Beyerdynamic M380TG*

Casacade Fathead II Pair* (cinemag trans)

Nakamichi CM300 x 3*

Rode NT1A*
Rode NT2A x 2*
Rode NT1000*
Rode K2*

Sennheiser e906 x 2*

Shure Beta52
Shure Beta56 x 3
Shure SM57 x 8
Shure Beta57a x 5 (2*)
Shure Beta58 x 2
Shure Beta87
Shure SM91

Studio Projects C1 x 4
Studio Projects C4 pair

SuperScope EC 9P pair

The Nakamichis and Superscopes are SDC's i might have missed it but i didnt spot any on other lists...but it was only a quick scan....i think they might have come from home recording kits... i love em for overheads or acoustics..

Great topic!

cheers
Craig
Old 15th October 2009
  #261
Lives for gear
4 Audio Technica Mics for drums(dont know model it was a package)
1 MXL 440
1 MXL 441
1 MXL 990
1 MXL 991
1 MXL V67I
1 Shure Sm57
1 Dont know the name vocal mic??
Old 15th October 2009
  #262
Gear Maniac
I used these on everything I record.
(3) KSM 32
(5) SM57
MD421
AKG D112

These, only if necessary haha.
NT1a
ST66
(2)Audix f15
Old 7th December 2009
  #263
Gear Nut
 
Digital Black's Avatar
 

Shure SM58
EV Nd767a
AKG D770 (3)
Shure PG81 (2)
Audix D6
mxl ldc (POS)
Sterling Audio ST55 (not mine)

...and santa clause is droppin' 2 CAD m179's and an sm57 down my chimney in a couple weeks heh

anyone here ever try a d770 on snare? I'm trying to figure if the 57 will be that much better on snare (if at all) than the d770, or if I'm just wasting my money.
Old 7th December 2009
  #264
Gear Head
 
mrldennis's Avatar
 

sm57 x2
Audix i5 x2
Audix d2
Audix d4 x2
Audix d6
sm7b
Earthworks sr25 x3
AT 4050 x2
Avenson STO-2 matched pair
Cascade Fathead II w/Lundahl trans x2

Would like to add a U195 to the locker soon...
Old 9th December 2009
  #265
Here for the gear
 

Wow, there's some serious **** goin' on here My list is fairly paltry in comparison, but here goes:

1 x Studio Projects B1
1 x SM57
1 x SM58
1 x Beyer m201 (just arrived last week)
1 x Sennheiser MD417

I also got an Eagle drum mic set (can't remember the number offhand - G152J or something), which consists of 1 Kick mic, 4 tom/snare dynamics and 2 overhead "condensers" (the battery powered electret type).
Picked it up real cheap on eBay about 9 months ago and only just started using it for it's intended purpose
I find the "snare/tom" mic is actually better than the 57 for distorted guitars, but I'm hoping either the 201 or the 417 will slay the both of them (I've just about found the right position for the 417 - I was way off when I tried to position it as I would a 57 ).
Old 9th December 2009
  #266
Gear Addict
 
Danner's Avatar
 

(1) - SM57
(1) - SM58
(3) - EV PL80a
(2) - Behringer C-4
(2) - AT4021
(2) - AT3035
(1) - AKG d230
Old 9th December 2009
  #267
Lives for gear
 
DeadPoet's Avatar
Somewhat in order of 'what get's uses more':

2 Beyerdynamic M160
2 Shure SM-7b
1 ElectroVoice RE-20
2 Peluso P28 (one is S/N002 )
1 Beyerdynamic M201
1 Peluso P12
1 Peluso 22 251
3 Shure SM-57 (one trafo-less)
2 Behringer ECM8000
2 Neumann KM-184
1 Sennheiser MD-421
1 Fender practice amp with XLR soldered to speaker
1 AKG C391
1 Thomann RB-500 ribbon
2 Rode NT-1
1 AKG D112
1 AKG C319



Herwig
Old 12th December 2009
  #268
Gear Nut
 
Digital Black's Avatar
 

1 Fender practice amp with XLR soldered to speaker


Herwig[/QUOTE]


Hahaha niceeee. Now I know what to do with my useless old practice amp.
Old 12th December 2009
  #269
Lives for gear
 
pasarski's Avatar
 

1 SM-57
2 Oktava MK-101 (MSP)
1 Samson CO1 (to "wow" my "clients")
Old 17th December 2009
  #270
Gear Head
 

1 AKG 414
8 sm57
6 sm58
2 AKG D112
1 beta 52
2 octava mc012
2 sennheiser 421
1 groove tubes GT-55
1 Sterling Audio ST-55
2 Cascade Fat Head (scoop)
2 AudioTechnica 4055
2 AKG 451
2 Rode NT-1
1 Electrovoice RE-20

Various other cheapy's

I was just looking at Karma K35 - anyone have any experience with them?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
jindrich / High end
511
chrisinumerable / Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production
12
boojum / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
7
Hiwatt / So much gear, so little time
7
Ruairi / High end
34

Forum Jump
Forum Jump