The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New monitors... Any suggestions?
Old 18th September 2006
Lives for gear

Genelec 8040a. In a small room, you don't even need a sub with them. They are superb mixing speakers, translate extremely well.
Regards Tamas Dragon
Old 20th September 2006
Gear Nut

another vote for the asp8s from event. got mine at guitar center for 900.00. you can beat them up on price pretty good and not feel bad about it.
Old 25th September 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Hey Greenville guy! Big bump from the past going on here!

I use the V4 every day to mix with, they are pretty easy to build a mix on and are an excellent reference for real world stuff. They complement my HR824's well, the more I use the V4 the more I like them but it's not for a stellar overall sound (they do sound nice though) it's for their translation and ease of use. They can tell me loads about the low end and other relationships at low volumes.

Agreed the Rokit series is a bit dull by comparison.

Good to see an almost local guy on here...not many Gearslutz in SC!

War

Nice to hear from you as well, i think you are the Columbia Guy, Ive emailed you before about something, i see your threads everywhere on the slutz pages, I have listened to the V4 more that a dozen times and keep saying im gonna buy those, they seem like the perfect true small monitor, the V8s are hard to get use to, i think they are more for R&B Rap anyways, the V6 i would have to get use to, but again the little V4 kick ass and fill up even a big room and seem so true.
good to hear from ya.

Doug
Old 25th September 2006
Jai guru deva om

Doug if you're ever in the neighborhood we keep a pair of V4 in stock and we do demos in our store all the time. We keep about 8 pair of monitors side by side on the wall.

War
Old 25th September 2006
Lives for gear

Another vote for the ASP8's. I simply love these monitors.
Old 25th September 2006
Lives for gear

Ok, how would these be if you dont do any hard-loud-bass-heavy material?

Ill be honest, I dont care for the mons I have now, but I know them a bit. Since the speakers dont have a "mic or pre or convertor" deciding outcome factor except for mixing, I tend to hope one dies before having to re-invest in speakers...

I really think that cheap secondaries in many cases are a better investment than better mains... why not audition stuff on what the masses listen to mostly anyway??

I may not get it, so Im sorry. Finally saw Napoleon Dynamite today also, and I dont get that either.......if Adam Sandler had his hand in it, it may have actually been funny, who knows?
Old 25th September 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Doug if you're ever in the neighborhood we keep a pair of V4 in stock and we do demos in our store all the time. We keep about 8 pair of monitors side by side on the wall.

War

Thanks Warren , i will do just that, i had read a thread about the V8s not seperating like other monitors, that guy is speaking the truth, i have a pair of Tannoy 6.5 and they seperate alot better than the V8s, i think the V6s and V4s are the only two in the KRK world left that is worth buying, don't give me those Rockits, i mean they are ok if you are on a budget.

Thanks again Warren, I have your email.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search