The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Ev/Blue
Old 2nd July 2005
Gear Maniac

Ev/Blue

Has anyone seen the new raven and cardinal mics from electrovoice and blue? Better yet, has anyone tested them??? They look really sweet, but that doesn't say much about the mic itself. Fairly cheap, $350ish I believe. One is a dynamic, and the other is a cardioid condenser.

Cardinal

Raven
Old 17th October 2005
FNM
Gear Maniac

I can't find a single person who has used one and put their findings on the web.

I wonder if this is because there haven't been any good reviews?
Old 18th October 2005
Gear Guru

Or if no one has them yet...
Old 18th October 2005
Here for the gear

Your link now has prices up, at least, which should mean they're closer to distribution. It's $200 for the class-a discrete condenser and $150 for the dynamic. Since my boom stands include all the motion I need, I have yet to see why I should consider these over, say, another MXL V-57 and another Shure SM 57, especially since I could get both of those for $150. The swivel-mounts do look very cool, though, and a small part of me likes that. Since they've got EV's name first, and an unusual Blue logo, I'm willing to bet that it's largely an EV project with a little bit of blue style. Where do EV manufacture their mics?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search