The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
vocoder not microkorg
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

vocoder not microkorg

im digging the sounds that i tried out in the microkorg, but im not a fan of the small keys. does anyone know of a unit with either full sized keys or just a rack unit with midi input? dont know how often id use it so cheap would be nice too.
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumadrum
im digging the sounds that i tried out in the microkorg, but im not a fan of the small keys. does anyone know of a unit with either full sized keys or just a rack unit with midi input? dont know how often id use it so cheap would be nice too.
The Korg MS2000 or the rackmount MS200R has the same audio engine as the MicroKorg (and much more) plus a vocoder.
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Why not just buy a nice midi keyboard/controller and connect the two??? That seems like a good bet. Those things can run pretty cheap.
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Addict

Nord Micro Modular?
Just picked one up for cheap off ebay recently and its been getting a fair run at the jingle company I work at.
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

Not cheap, but an EMS Vocoder 2000 would fit the bill well (click on the side box). They are versatile, and can be used for numerous duties aside from the obvious vocal treatments.

A 2000 has been on my wish-list for a while now... Just got to find one at the right price...

Justin
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Guru

Roland had a nice vocoder. I don't recall the model number.
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

thanks for the great feedback, you have all given me a starting off point in my search for mr roboto like sounds. isnt that what the world needs?
Old 30th June 2005
Gear Nut

Yes, we NEED another Kraftwerk! heh
Old 1st July 2005
doepfer A-129 (part of the A-100 System)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search