The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
With a Cheapness (Vocal Mic Pre-Amps)
Old 25th June 2005
Here for the gear

Post With a Cheapness (Mic Pre-Amps)

Ok, so I think it's time we consolidated the info related to this Mic Pre-Amp business in one spot.

Here's my question to you...

What do you use/like that is similarly comparable to the VTB1..

both in terms of price range and value for the money. Quality should be evident, obviously, but this is a "With a Cheapness" post so lets focus more on what you have used that you actually had some fun/success with in the el-cheapo-gear-***** range, in particular related to coloring/warming the sound. Anything goes for what you use em on, mics, guitars, keys, samplers, overal mix downs...
Old 25th June 2005
Lives for gear

if you search under my name and go back a bit ive posted a lot of info on cheap mic pre's that do a good job. including building a cheap mic pre for 20 bucks in parts. but its hardly worth building your own as the yamaha mg mixer is around 90 bucks. you might want to demo one. i personally like the rane ms1b mic pre. (but its quite a bit more money than the mg).peace.
Old 25th June 2005
Here for the gear

cool, does someone wanna gather that info for this thread? this is after all a "With a Cheapness" thread an from what i understand that's sorta how they got started was a gathering of posts related to this topic. anyway, cool i'll look that up...
Old 26th June 2005
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by entheon
cool, does someone wanna gather that info for this thread? this is after all a "With a Cheapness" thread an from what i understand that's sorta how they got started was a gathering of posts related to this topic. anyway, cool i'll look that up...
Ill start up a "with a cheapness" for this topic...

"What do you use/like that is similarly comparable to the VTB1.." Isnt a good start imo.

Gustav
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search