The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Would this be a good semi pro digital setup...????...
Old 23rd June 2005
Here for the gear

Exclamation Would this be a good semi pro digital setup...????...

check this out,im going for a killer digital setup...and i need to no if there is any thing im missing or dont need....

BUDGET: 30,000
STYLE: mainly hip-hop and r&b

(who ever wants to pay for time lol) thumbsup
here it goes

02r96 digital mixer/2 rme digiface/(for 24 channels of 24bit 96k adat or 48 channels of 24 bit 44k)
clocked by a apogee big ben...

cubase sx3 or nuendo3 for the sequencer/on pc

dual opterons/tyan or msi mobo/4 gigs of corsair/two 76gb raptor drives,and a big boy 7200rpm hard drive for storage/in a server rack mount case with a 500wat power supply/matrox dual video card/....etc...etc

waves native diamond bundle,or 2 or 3 uad-1 pci cards..

magma box for expansion..

wavelab 5 for mastering and stereo editing...

vocal chain
nueman u87 or tlm 103 mics/avalon 737 pre/ua 1176 comp/apogee rosetta 200 or should i use the converters on the 02r96....

oh yeah and a m-audio card of some sorts to run m-powered protools or just get a digi 002 rack/le...(just so i can open and work with protools files)lol..lol heh

if im missing anything or you have proof of a better way to set this rig up feel free to chime in and add your 2cents...

plz no flaiming..i really just want honest opinions on this setup...

Cubase sx2,Wavelab5,Waves diamond bundle,DELL XPS 3.4ghz-1gb ram-80gb hd,2-120gb maxtors,motu 828,Triton extreme,MV-8000,Event sp8 monitors.....
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

if you are mailny doing hip hop than i see no reason why you couldnt get good sounds with the gear you have listed.

but you can also get great sounds without spending all of the 30k either.
Old 23rd June 2005
Gear Maniac

If u got 30 grand...buy a sony C800G instead of a U87. Then buy some expensive neve pre-amp. Thats all I know. lol
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

With 30k, i'd look at a nice analog board if i were you.
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

how's the room you're using ? I prefer an excellent room (control AND recording) with ok to medium gear than vice versa.

Herwig.
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

How are you planning to work? Are you tracking through the Yamaha mixer only, or will you be mixing on it as well? With all the plugins you are buying it looks like you are planning to mix in the box, in which case I'm not sure a digital mixer is the best tracking mixer. If you are planning to mix on the mixer, then you need at least one good hardware reverb (you need a hardware reverb anyway in my opinion).

In any case, you may not have the ideal setup planned out there, but it's hard to advise because I'm not sure how you plan to work. Your work flow is crucial to your gear choices. If you could be more specific about that it would help us to guide you a bit better.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search