The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TC Electronic M One XL?
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Nut

TC Electronic M One XL?

anybody have any thoughts on this box?

I've got a kurzweil rumour and i'd like to grab another reverb box on the cheap to complement it. I'm mainly attracted to the price of the m one, and the fact that it's dual engine. anybody have one? what's it sound like? am i better off looking at something used in this price range (<$400)?

Thanx a lot
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

i've got an M-one as a compliment to pcm91/eclipse. I did a bit of listening to the other units in this price range before deciding.

I think its really nice...wouldn't hesitate in recommending it . Really easy to program and nice clear display. Good range of multifx and the reverbs are lovely. Go for it.

si
Old 24th June 2005
Gear Head

I own an M-One (not XL version) and it has good and bad aspects. first off the reverb is fantastic. I'm yet to hear a better 'verb in that price range. Some of the other effects have blatant latency issues though. especially the chorus and pitch effects. my only complaint with interface is that if you want to change something from 100ms to 1000ms you have to turn the stupid jog-wheel a virtually infinite number of times just to get to the higher value. Overall it's a good quality, flexible unit. definitely worth the $$.
Old 24th June 2005
JKL
Gear Maniac

I've got just that. My m-one has been with me for 3-4 years now. I recently aquired a rumour. The m-one now tends to sit and look at me from the console like a sad orphaned puppy dog. (ok, well so I imagine it!) I still like the tc, but it just pales in comparison to the rumour - especially when you listen in context of the whole mix. The rumour has something about it that really works magically in a mix. It's hard to explain. You don't have to pile it on for it to cut through - and it gives a real "high dollar" quality to my mixes. With the tc, it's much harder to find "the edge", where you want an effect to just be present without being obvious. The m-one tends to get lost in the mix at low ratios then all of a sudden it's too much when you creep up the levels. Ok, I'm rambling. Bottom line is that even though I think the m-one is great bang for the buck, I find myself wanting another rumour when I need two different flavors of verbs. Maybe you should consider TWO rumours?

Jon
Old 28th June 2005
Here for the gear

Hi All,

i have used the M One Xl in a live setting along with a couple of others basic reverbs units Yamaha Rev500, Rexx,Spx Series. I found the reverb to be nice not perfect. Main thing i really like about the unit was the flexability. Not only can i do a good job with reverb but can do some other effects nicely.

Good backup unit or starting place.

Cheers
Stuie
Old 3rd July 2005
Gear Nut

Thanx for the advice all. I've ordered one, seems like just the ticket till i can drop some serious cash on a serious verb.
Old 8th January 2010
Gear Addict

Question TC Electronic M-One - 2nd hand

Was thinking about picking up one of these 2nd hand if possible. now are they still a good value for money Reverb?
Old 8th January 2010
Lives for gear

Better go for a M3000. I got one @ Thomann for +/- 900€ while I've seen them for 2000€ at other places!

Peter.
Old 9th January 2010
Gear Addict

900E? thats a bit more than i'm looking to spend.

I"m aiming for more like 100-200E
Old 19th June 2011
Lives for gear

I'm looking for some advice. My M-ONE XL just started acting up.
Powers on, blank screen, hit enter goes to screen with "M-ONEXL 1.08 API 2.0" on it with a maxed out input level. Goes nowhere else. Ideas anyone?

cheers
Martin
Old 15th December 2013
Gear Head

Frozen display fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimersnerdy View Post
I'm looking for some advice. My M-ONE XL just started acting up.
Powers on, blank screen, hit enter goes to screen with "M-ONEXL 1.08 API 2.0" on it with a maxed out input level. Goes nowhere else. Ideas anyone?

cheers
Martin
It's the power supply. Check capacitor C19. Replace it with a higher temp cap (108C) 6.3V 1000uf. Mine did the exact same thing and that fixed it. Lots of research too of course. Hope this saves somebody time.
Old 25th February 2019
Gear Maniac

I've been curious about the price drop of the m-one XL. Is it problematic?

I haven't heard anything new from Kurzweil...

Been wondering about the tc electronic M100 and the M350 as well. Seems as if they are neither an upgrade or downgrade from each other other than the m100 lacks midi and rackmount size.
Old 7th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Vs the m350 from t.c. I'm really confused what the difference is other than name and look? I guess one could pick one or the other huh? I'm guessing the m350 is latest than the m-one XL?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search