The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Doing a DOWNGRADE
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Doing a DOWNGRADE

Hi.

I dont have that much time for recording that I used to. So I was thinking about selling alot of my gear and "only" have a small mobile setup. Would only record my own band (drums in a "real" studio and the rest by my self)

Working with PT right now and have done for some time. Really like it. But Since I use Apple comuters maybe Logic would be a better choice now ?

Any way I only need to record max 4ch at a time 2 would be enoughe and I want to use my powerbook for it.

Would a 002r with PTLE kick a Logic 7 Pro with a RME fireface ????

maybe a mix ? Logic and Fireface for recordiung and a Mbox and PTLE for mixing at home with my G5 ??
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Hmm, no you are right. Logic would work with a 002r as well or? Stable ?

But I still want my max 4ch to be "hi end", cuz when I do record, it have to be of good quality. That´s´why I was thinking of a different setup since the 002r pre and converter can´t´be that good or ?
Old 18th June 2005
Lives for gear

Logic would work with 002R yes, but not reliable. Digi doesn't write good core-audio drivers. I got a near unused MBox around cuz of that.

So I got RME Fireface for use with Logic, and it has been flawless.
Old 18th June 2005
Lives for gear

Digital Performer works well with the Digi 002R hardware.

If you are doing recording, not heavy midi sequencing, then PT should be just fine for you. And if you get into sequencing then DP is a fantastic program for both audio and midi work, and it plays well with Digi hardware.

If you want to upgrade converters you can simply add a two channel outboard converter to the 002R's SPDIF input, or an 8 channel converter to the 002R's ADAT input.

No need to re-invent the wheel, you've already got the basis for your mobile studio. Using ProTools, you already have everything you need. Add some converters and DP and you'll have all the bases covered very well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search