The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Word clock suggestions...
Old 16th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Word clock suggestions...

Considering the Apogee Big Ben but budget is tight, wondering if the Lucid GENx is going to get me *there* or if it's worth the investment to go Apogee. I'm clocking an RME 96/52, three Digimax LT's and a two card Paris system. The Lucid would give me enough outputs to do what i need

Any other suggestions beyond these two?
Old 17th June 2005
Gear Maniac

i guess nobody here uses word clocks...
Old 17th June 2005
Gear Maniac

I have been happy with my GenX. Made a big difference in the pres on my Tascam DM24 (not that I use them all that much). Also helped with my Lucid ADDA other digital gear.

Fraz
Old 18th June 2005
Lives for gear

hi..

i have a lucid gen6x...it made a HUGE difference in my PT rig....MIX PLUS with DIGIDESIGN 888/24 converters...I also have an apogee rosetta that i track most overdubs through...the lucid honestly improved the 888's to sound almost like the apogee..

the biggest thing i noticed with the clock was the high end got ALOT smoother and everything just seemed to have more depth...the difference, btw, was VERY apparent even to everyone who works at my room

i have also used the big ben and it is great....didn't really have time, or care to compare them...

the lucid is cheap and really helped me out..

cheers,
j
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Maniac

At the moment, I'm using MOTU's Digital Time Piece (DTP) as the "master clock" for my gears.

Recently acquired the RME ADI-8 PRO used, but have yet to hook it up.

Since, there's so much talk abt RME's converters and stable clock, I'm wondering if I should set the RME ADI-8 PRO as my MASTER CLOCK and slave the DTP to it?

OR am I better off hunting for a used AARDSYNC II for a more affordable solution?
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleslee
At the moment, I'm using MOTU's Digital Time Piece (DTP) as the "master clock" for my gears.

Recently acquired the RME ADI-8 PRO used, but have yet to hook it up.

Since, there's so much talk abt RME's converters and stable clock, I'm wondering if I should set the RME ADI-8 PRO as my MASTER CLOCK and slave the DTP to it?

OR am I better off hunting for a used AARDSYNC II for a more affordable solution?
the RME clock is better than average for an onboard clock, BUT using a dedicated master outboard is going to be 10x better...

which clock is better, RME or MTP...not sure

still...anyone who uses big ben and has used lucid..OR has another lower cost idea? thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search