The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Are you Low End Cats hip to the fact that PT runs on M-Audio gear now?
Old 15th June 2005
Thumbs up Are you Low End Cats hip to the fact that PT runs on M-Audio gear now?

http://m-audio.com/index.php?do=medi...c174061287ce0b

Kinda cool isn't it?

Or is that old news?

------------
M-Audio Extends Pro Tools M-Powered Compatibility
Support of six new peripherals brings compatibility to M-Audio’s complete FireWire and Delta lines

Los Angeles, CA, May 13, 2005 — M-Audio, a leading provider of creative tools for computer-centric musicians, is proud to announce that Digidesign® Pro Tools M-Powered™ software, an exciting new version of the award-winning Digidesign Pro Tools® software designed to work with select M-Audio hardware interfaces, has extended compatibility to six additional M-Audio peripherals. Now even more M-Audio hardware enthusiasts have access to the recording industry’s most popular audio/MIDI production software for recording, editing, and mixing music.

Pro Tools M-Powered software now supports M-Audio’s FireWire Solo, FireWire Audiophile, Delta 1010, Delta 1010LT, Delta 44, and Delta 66 in addition to the previously supported FireWire 1814, FireWire 410, Ozonic, Audiophile 2496, and Audiophile 192. The addition of these new products means that M-Audio’s complete FireWire audio interface and Delta PCI card lines are now compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered.

Pro Tools M-Powered software delivers up to 32 simultaneous tracks of 16- or 24-bit digital audio with sample rates up to 96kHz, plus a fully integrated MIDI sequencer for recording and editing up to 256 MIDI tracks. Loaded with more than 30 DigiRack and Bomb Factory plug-ins, Pro Tools M-Powered software also provides access to a wide range of additional third-party plug-ins and options from Digidesign Development Partners™—from virtual instruments to affordable effects processors that emulate expensive vintage analog and digital gear. Sessions created with Pro Tools M-Powered software can be opened with any Windows XP– or Mac OS X–based Digidesign Pro Tools system, facilitating seamless compatibility with other musicians and Pro Tools–equipped recording studios.

M-Audio’s Delta series is the best-selling professional audio card line in the world. Delta cards span a wide range of studio configurations, feature sets, operating systems, and price points—and are unparalleled in manufacturing and audio quality at every price point. M-Audio’s FireWire audio interface series extends the same legendary driver support, sonic excellence, quality and affordability to the mobile music community and beyond.

“M-Audio is excited to extend the power and flexibility of Pro Tools M-Powered to a greater percentage of our existing user base,” says Adam Castillo, M-Audio marketing director. “We also look forward to welcoming new customers into the M-Audio and Digidesign family by offering even more creative options for musicians of all kinds—at an unbelievably affordable price.”

FireWire Solo, FireWire Audiophile, Delta 1010, Delta 1010LT, Delta 44, and Delta 66 are now compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered 6.8.
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

Was announced a while ago yes heh

Biggest problem with it is the price. It ain't exactly cheap for $350... Ok, it has the ProTools name, but it's still only 32 tracks. An M-Audio interface + the M-Powered soft ends up at around the same price as an MBox or Digi002. And with those you get some extra plugins that don't come with M-Powered.

I can see it being usefull for some, but all in all, it's no superdeal imo.
Old 15th June 2005
I would have though the software upgrade would be positive news for those M-Audio interfaces like Delta 1010's etc...

OK just checking!

heh
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
I would have though the software upgrade would be positive news for those M-Audio interfaces like Delta 1010's etc...

OK just checking!

heh
For people who already own a supported M-Audio interface, it can be a very nice upgrade yes.
But to buy a new M-Audio card with the M-Powered ProTools isn't as interesting as buying a ProTools LE system at once.
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

I've got a Maudio DeltaDIO2496 sitting in the closet...but, my question is, all the Delta stuff has direct hardware monitoring. Digi hardware never had this...so, have they somehow cut off the balls of the Maudio hardware to disable the zero latency monitoring?

If not, an Maudio device+LE is a better system than a Digi interface.
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

MBox has direct hardware monitoring too. You can set balance between input and playback, and overall level.
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

I've just ruled the m-audio out of my chain. No interest in protools (LE), cubase sx works for me 100%. 32tracks is not enough for sure.
Old 15th June 2005
I wish they'd do it for motu stuff
I had a delta and liked it just fine but I've got 24 I/O of motu converters I cant use with digi.

Who do they limit the 002 to 16 I/O?
And whats up with pro-tools free only running on windows 98?
lame
I am perfectly happy with my old nuendo software but I would like to learn PT. However I am not going to go back to 16 I/O to do it and I sure as hell am not going back to windows 98

Give me a full featured PT that runs on my hardware for $350 and I am all over it.
I wont be holding my breath
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

M-Audio is owned by Avid, parent of Digidesign, which is why it works on that and not on other soundcards.

ProTools Free, LE and M-Powered are meant as teasers for their big expensive DSP based systems, which is why they limit so many features.
They're fine for small projects or some editing tho.
Old 15th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by everybody's x
I wish they'd do it for motu stuff ...

Ya never know. Maybe Avid will buy them out, too.

Old 16th June 2005
Gear Maniac

I think it's a great idea, they just need to go down on the price a little (of the software) to be competitive.
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_unit
Ya never know. Maybe Avid will buy them out, too.

Very unlikely. Avid (PC video soft/hardware) wouldn't really want a Mac oriented company like Motu i guess.
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburn34
I think it's a great idea, they just need to go down on the price a little (of the software) to be competitive.
I dont think they are trying to be competitive... just seems like a way of praying on the young kids and niave people that think protools|LE is a godsent and will give them a hit record straight out of the box...

Since protools is the industry standard and all $350 is a bargin for the industry standard... if they make it any cheap people might think its just a cheaper inferior version

There goal is to lock customers into the Digidesign upgrade cycle at a young age and pray off them for a longer period

ZiggY!! why dont you just tell them that you have a sworn hatred towards Digidesign? Why are you treating me like this? Get out of my Head!

Old 16th June 2005
mds
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeltaM
Very unlikely. Avid (PC video soft/hardware) wouldn't really want a Mac oriented company like Motu i guess.
Protools and Avid Video editing have always been very Mac oriented. In fact they were Mac only for a long time. If anything Avid is mac biased.

MOTU has been making PC interfaces for 10 years, so while they do have a mac bias, they are definitely part of the PC market and have been for a long time.
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Yea, I think one of us should get the ball rolling on this.

Someone ... call up the CEO of Avid and pretend you're the head of MOTU.

Tell him you're for sale and willing to negotiate. heh
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Yes, I tried out the demo, and it doesn't work with The M-Audio Revolution 7.1 card in the system, so I'd have to scrap that and my 5.1 capabilities, so it's a $350 downgrade for me, even though I have a 1010LT card.

Adobe's Audition 1.5 is doing it all for me except midi recording, and works well with all three of my sound cards. So I'm not even considering the program at this time.
Old 18th June 2005
Nut
Gear Nut

Right on Ziggy !!

I personally cannot stand PT... i hate the interface, and I honestly can't see, nor hear, why it is so much better then any other sequencer. The fact is, it isn't better. Digidesign were just very sly about it all, marketed it well, forced a hardware+software requirement, and made a million bucks as a result. It was a very smart move, i'll give them that, but it just ****s me that people (not all, but many) are blind to the fact that PT is not special, but that it is just a case of the "right place, right time".

I use Cubase SX because i enjoy the interface more and it does eveything I need it too. Sounds great as well, but I credit that to what I run my audio through BEFORE the DAW

Oh, and I run a Delta 66... I wont be going to Tools though. No way in hell :P
Old 18th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut
Right on Ziggy !!

I personally cannot stand PT... i hate the interface, and I honestly can't see, nor hear, why it is so much better then any other sequencer. The fact is, it isn't better. Digidesign were just very sly about it all, marketed it well, forced a hardware+software requirement, and made a million bucks as a result. It was a very smart move, i'll give them that, but it just ****s me that people (not all, but many) are blind to the fact that PT is not special, but that it is just a case of the "right place, right time".

I use Cubase SX because i enjoy the interface more and it does eveything I need it too. Sounds great as well, but I credit that to what I run my audio through BEFORE the DAW

Oh, and I run a Delta 66... I wont be going to Tools though. No way in hell :P
:D i feel the same way. i'm forced to use pt systems when i go to a few of my partners studios.. but they aren't running le systems, they have HD3's with icons.. but still i hate pt.. the interface is trash.. hell the sound isn't all that clean either imo.
i tried 3 different mixes this week testing software:
Nuendo 3(my main)
samp8 (my backup)
ptLE....
using all the same plugins same setting etc... the pt mix just sounds lifeless. the nuendo mix sounded the best overall.. the samp mix had better imaging though
i'd never put pt on either one of my daws and i have 1010's... hell i don't care if someone cracks m-powered.. won't see it around here. 300+ for pt software.. thats a joke
Old 18th June 2005
Lives for gear

Yup, it's great news. I'm use Pro Tools HD in the studio but I'm getting a little Firewire Audiophile interface for home with Pro Tools M-Powered.

Of course, I'm going to put an Apogee Rosetta 200 in front of it for AD/DA which will make it sound very nice! Basically, I wanted a Firewire MBox to do this through (a Digi 002R was overkill for what I wanted to do) so when Pro Tools M-Powered was announced, I was happy! Also M-Audio has better CoreAudio drivers for their devices so I can run Logic nicely as well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search