The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RE20
Old 6th August 2005
Gear Nut

RE20 is $620 at Musicians Friend now, WTF? They were just $395.
Old 6th August 2005
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by choodelphia
I have an EV PL-20 that I have been using on kick for 16 years now.

I dont no the difference, but it looks exactly like an RE-20 and it sounds great on kick drums.

K
only difference is pl, and the color.
Old 6th August 2005
Gear Head

Someone mentioned that the RE20 was sold with a life time gurantee? I wonder if this one would qualify? The guy says it's about 30 years old and it game unglued. Though I would try to snag it for 100 bucks and have it repaired. Then use as a 2nd one on the bass cab, etc

what do you think?

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r12580997

ps. it's in japanese...scroll down to the pics. Pretty ruff shape yah...would any of you bother, or is it best avoided. Especially as I have 1 already?
Old 6th August 2005
500 series nutjob

it has been out of production for some time, being it is a pl-20, so technically they my not have to warranty it, but call them, they just did a repair on one of mine for free and called it warranty.
be nice to them on the phone they will most likely take care of it.
they also recently redid one of my re-15 for free as well.
for me their service has been great.
Old 6th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstole
Someone mentioned that the RE20 was sold with a life time gurantee? I wonder if this one would qualify? The guy says it's about 30 years old and it game unglued. Though I would try to snag it for 100 bucks and have it repaired. Then use as a 2nd one on the bass cab, etc

what do you think?

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r12580997

ps. it's in japanese...scroll down to the pics. Pretty ruff shape yah...would any of you bother, or is it best avoided. Especially as I have 1 already?
They are no longer honoring the lifetime warranty. Foam replacement is pretty inexpensive.
Old 7th August 2005
Gear Head

I managed to get the mic in the previous post for about 150 US. I wanna get it fixed as soon as possible, so was wondering if you knew the process for getting it repaired. i couldn't find a Japanese distro number, so I wrote the US repair centre. Looking forward to having a second RE20...

Leon
Old 7th August 2005
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstole
I managed to get the mic in the previous post for about 150 US. I wanna get it fixed as soon as possible, so was wondering if you knew the process for getting it repaired. i couldn't find a Japanese distro number, so I wrote the US repair centre. Looking forward to having a second RE20...

Leon
TELEX
8601 E Cornhusker Hwy
Lincoln NE 68507

1-800-553-5992

call them and send it in.
Old 12th September 2005
Gear Nut

i saw some old video and pictures of a young stevie wonder in the studio - re20 all the way..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search