The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Asking for pics of your mic set ups... Dynamic Microphones
Old 4th June 2005
Here for the gear

Asking for pics of your mic set ups...

...whether it's hanging down in a vocal booth, on a 10ft. boom reaching across the studio or on a table stand...I am very curious to see your mics and how you have them set up.

After playing guitar for 15+ years, I am ready to venture into the realm of recording. I have been here reading and reading and reading, trying to figure out where to start with a such a tiny budget as mine and you all have really helped me without even knowing it. I'll go ahead and introduce myself now and then let you all carry on with the reason for this thread, pics of mic set ups.

Basically, I am a "musician" that mainly plays guitar. I play keys, drums, bass and some singing as well. I leave the vocals to my wife. I just had my 2nd kid and we are house shopping so I have a pathetic budget right now for my "studio".

Here's what I've got so far (laugh/jest if you must, I can take it):

Mac 733/G4
M-Audio Firewire Solo
Shure KSM27 (ordered)
Blue Kiwi cable (ordered)

I plan to add to the mic section a number of old/new, tube, condenser, ribbon, dynamic, etc. when money is not so tight. The only decision I am struggling with now is to go Senn e609, SM57 or Unidyne III for the guitar amp. I heard the Blue Ball and found it very limited. Ok, getting off track...

So, I find pics of your mic set ups very interesting and would love to see more. I plan to simply convert the closet in my "den/studio/office" into a vocal booth.
Old 5th June 2005
Gear Guru

Here's most of my mics.

I posted this picture here also
Old 5th June 2005
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound
Here's most of my mics.

I posted this picture here also
Thanks, nice collection by the way, but I am not looking for just pics of mic collections....I like to see how people have them set up.
Old 7th June 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururyan
Thanks, nice collection by the way, but I am not looking for just pics of mic collections....I like to see how people have them set up.
No man, that's how I set 'em up. I put the player closest to the mic I think they'll sound best through.
Old 7th June 2005
Gear Addict

Here's a short video clip about kick drum (mic) placement:

http://www.audioinstruction.com/page/page/1497433.htm

Best of luck!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search