The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Amazing gear isn't all of it
Old 19th November 2008
Lives for gear

Amazing gear isn't all of it

I don't think so anyway, this guy is recording his stuff is amazing

MySpace.com - Victory Studios - Bournemouth, UK - Pop / Rock / Other - www.myspace.com/victorystudiosonline

I know, I know, eew myspace player, but the production is good considering he's using PT M-powered and all studio projects C1's, B1's and a few dynamics.

A girl who lives near me recorded with him, I don't like her music apart from this one song, Hero;

MySpace.com - Bex Bullet - Bournemouth, UK - Punk / Acoustic / Rock - www.myspace.com/bexbullet

To be honest, it shows how much can be done with talent and technique rather than sh*t loads of gear
Old 19th November 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTSH View Post
To be honest, it shows how much can be done with talent and technique rather than sh*t loads of gear

indeed. . Song, arrangement, performance, vibe in the studio, source sounds.. I don't think there's anyone who will disagree.
Old 25th November 2008
Gear Maniac

Also, and I know I don't need to mention this, the sound of the room has so much to do with it... drums especially. You could have the nicest pres, mics, etc... but it a crappy room... good luck. I've heard kids right out of school get great sounds in a great room... and they don't have a clue what they are doing! (Most of them don't, anyway)
Old 25th November 2008
Lives for gear

This guy has serious chops if you ask me.

I loved a lot of that stuff.
Old 25th November 2008
Lives for gear

Geniuses can work with crap gear and make it sound fine.

Fools can work with the finest tools and produce crap.

Those of us inbetween must seek to find a positive calculus which ballances our skills against the potential of our tools.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search