The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Opinion on Set-UP - Microphone and PreAmp
Old 18th October 2008
Gear Head

Opinion on Set-UP - Microphone and PreAmp

Hello,

I was thinking of upgrading my current setup. I currently own a AKG Preception 200 Microphone, that goes through a M-Audio MobilePre USB preamp.

I was looking into getting a RODE NTK. If I do that, I wont have money for a new preamp...

My question is, with recording quality rap/hip-hop vocals... Will RODE NTK, work well with a M-Audio MobilePre USB preamp.?

Thank you for your time,

-legn8er
Old 18th October 2008
Gear Guru

For rap, I'm a performance guy. Why take a kid that has never been anywhere but on a "stage" and stick him in front of a big ass condenser? Give him a 58 (or similar) and let him rip.
Old 18th October 2008
Gear Head

I was hoping to get an answer to my question, lol... I appreciate your thoughts... but can someone answer if the preamp will work well with the NTK.?
Old 18th October 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by legn8er View Post
I was hoping to get an answer to my question, lol... I appreciate your thoughts... but can someone answer if the preamp will work well with the NTK.?
Any preamp will work well with an NTK. The question is why do you think you need the NTK in the first place. Perhaps you should skip the NTK and buy a pre. Perhaps you should try my suggestion. My point was that it seems you are expecting too much from a mic when at your gear level it might be better to try some different techniques instead.
Old 18th October 2008
Gear Head

Okay fair enough... any chance you can give me your msn or aim addy, and I will explain my situation further... and maybe you can recommend based on that?
Old 18th October 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by legn8er View Post
Okay fair enough... any chance you can give me your msn or aim addy, and I will explain my situation further... and maybe you can recommend based on that?
I'll give it a shot. It's still just an opinion though and YMMV. PM me your AIM ID and I'll add you (I use gtalk and don't think it likes the other direction).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search