The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
poor mans Icon?big box of bcf/bcr 2000s
Old 12th February 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I'm really impressed by these diy's! I have a bcf and I'm thinking of doing something down this alley. I have a few questions I hope someone can answer. First how do you make the above bcr to control the eq and hiw do you switch between the different bands on each channel? Some kind of banking?

If I connect two bcf's via midi, will the rotarys of the slave one extend to band 3 and 4 of the eq automatically?

As you can see I'm keen of being able to control eq in a simple way. I want to be able to control all four bands in an easy way.

Oh, I use cubase 5.

Thanks!
Old 12th February 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlastingrec View Post
I'm really impressed by these diy's! I have a bcf and I'm thinking of doing something down this alley. I have a few questions I hope someone can answer. First how do you make the above bcr to control the eq and hiw do you switch between the different bands on each channel? Some kind of banking?

If I connect two bcf's via midi, will the rotarys of the slave one extend to band 3 and 4 of the eq automatically?

As you can see I'm keen of being able to control eq in a simple way. I want to be able to control all four bands in an easy way.

Oh, I use cubase 5.

Thanks!
I have a plug coming out soon that under Sonar X Series that supports the ProChannel EQ using bank switching. as well as all the VSTs you can load.

Also it also sports a "simple mix eq" mode that assigns the 4 vertical bcr2000 knobs to Low shelf @ 80hz, mid sweep, mid bell, Hi shelf @ 12k. for no bank switching - just mix away.

It supports up to 5 bcr2000s wide and can be used with 5 bcf2000s using the bcf2000 plug in of your choice (usually a mackie emulation).

I will announce it here as well as over on the cakewalk forum.
The plug is done but the store and license servers are still a work in progress.

:Ron
Old 12th February 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Thanks for the reply. Hmm.. I think I want more eq control. It would be optimal for me if, when channel is selected, the first four vertical rotarys would be dedicated to one band each. With toogle on/off, gain, q and freq on each. The next two wouls be dedicated to compressor control. I don't know what I'd do with the last two though.

Maybe I can make a custom map just for my setup? Sorry for this newbie question. Been recording for ten years but only just started using daw controller.
Old 12th February 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlastingrec View Post
Thanks for the reply. Hmm.. I think I want more eq control. It would be optimal for me if, when channel is selected, the first four vertical rotarys would be dedicated to one band each. With toogle on/off, gain, q and freq on each. The next two wouls be dedicated to compressor control. I don't know what I'd do with the last two though.

Maybe I can make a custom map just for my setup? Sorry for this newbie question. Been recording for ten years but only just started using daw controller.
That's the way my plug works by default. The Simple mix mode is an option

:Ron
Old 12th February 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Oh, I didn't realize. So, stupid question number two coming right up. Would it work on cubase or is it exclusive to sonar?
Old 24th August 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by azymbol View Post
hello all,

Eloheim pointed me to this thread on gearslutz. Thanks mate!

glad to hear you liked the BC mod.
I got a question about making the panels and sending them
to the USA in february and again yesterday.
Seems like shipping these over would cost at least 2 times more than making them as I'm living in Belgium.
Hi azymbol - I know a couple of years have gone by, anyway I'm trying to reach for you either way.
I'm in Switzerland - would you still do some of those really nice wood side panels and ship them to me?
You might as well PM me...

Thanks!
F.
Old 3rd November 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloheim View Post
Hey just noticed this on the Yahoo BC2000 group!

Seems user "azymbol" put together something along these lines early this year. Below is his message/pix from the group forum.

BCF + BCR Combo How-To!

And sorry btw if this is already within the thread somewhere and I missed it.

Not quite an ICON, but come on!...

Edit: Forgot the actual full-size layout (pdf) file the first time.
Hi guys... my cousin is a carpenter thus I asked him how much it'd cost to have a pair of these super-cool side panels.

I'll let you know as soon as I get mines and of course would let you know what the price could be - if anybody would be interested, then I'd collect a couple of orders and have him make them.

What do you think, guys? Is there still interest in those side panels?

BR,
F.
📝 Reply