The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
motu 2408 mk2 standalone Audio Interfaces
Old 4th September 2018
Here for the gear

This has been a useful thread. I grabbed an almost mint 2408 MKII for $60, and it works great to add some extra inputs to my Babyface Pro.

Just an FYI - if you get one of these and it keeps reverting back to 44.1.kHz from 48kHz every time you shut it off, open it up and replace the lithium battery. If the battery is dead it will not retain your settings between power cycles, and it seems that the default is 44.1kHz. I found a replacement at my local Walgreens (Energizer 2032).
Old 5th November 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromullet View Post
This has been a useful thread. I grabbed an almost mint 2408 MKII for $60, and it works great to add some extra inputs to my Babyface Pro.

Just an FYI - if you get one of these and it keeps reverting back to 44.1.kHz from 48kHz every time you shut it off, open it up and replace the lithium battery. If the battery is dead it will not retain your settings between power cycles, and it seems that the default is 44.1kHz. I found a replacement at my local Walgreens (Energizer 2032).
I have a Babyface Pro and am looking to expand it with this device, so this has been very useful for me. I'll check the lithium battery too.
Old 8th November 2018
I now am using the Motu 2408 mkii along with the Babyface, and am disappointed you can't use it for AD and DA at the same time because of the bounce setting that cannot be taken off. It's a shame the input duplicates to all adat channels. If someone knows of a way to stop the mkii from doing this please do comment with a solution.
Old 8th November 2018
Gear Guru

I still have my old 2408mkII and the 1224. I used to use the 2408 as stand alone to get 8 extra inputs. Now I don't need to any more. But I keep thinking it might come in handy. It was pretty cool in the early days of my remote recording business when I had the Metric Halo 2882+dsp, ULN-2 and 8 channels of Millennia feeding the 2408 through adat into the 2882. Now I record everything at 96k and have several ULN-8s. Why do I hold on to things too long?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search