The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
small-format mixer?
Old 28th April 2005
Gear Nut

small-format mixer?

all-- I've got some out-of-town gigs coming up where I'll need to route 4 percussion mic's and at least 1 stereo source (laptop) together, AND be able to control a gtr fx pedal as a send... anyone got any suggestions?

I've been looking at both the soundcraft spirit notepads and the lil' blue yamaha's; size is an issue, as well.

would love to hear what you guys recommend

peace
Old 28th April 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeReKeTe
AND be able to control a gtr fx pedal as a send...

WHat do you mean here? Is this on the main output, or an aux channel with no return, or do you need some sort of automation from the mixer via MIDI?

-tINY

Old 28th April 2005
Gear Maniac

i think it's just a regular effect send, and he didn't mean "control" as in control the pedal, just control as in, send some signal through the pedal.

just a guess, of course - TeRe, wanna elucidate?

seems like this is what those little mackies are for, i dunno whether the spirit folio or yamahas sound any better... in the case of the yamahas i doubt it, myself... mackies seem to work fine for live performance, and shouldn't fork up percussion too much, i shouldn't think...
Old 28th April 2005
Gear Nut

no you're exactly right-- sorry for the confusion. basically I need FX sends, as well...

so mackie vs. soundcraft vs. yamaha? anyone notice a difference at this level?
Old 28th April 2005
Gear Maniac

i've only used the mackie 1204 but it works great, built very well. you see them crapped on hereabouts for tracking and mixing, and i wouldn't want to record lead vocals through it, but for a stage mix of percussion? great!

i'm just curious, though - why do a stage mix at all...wouldn't you just wanna send all the mic signals through a snake to the main sound board and get a monitor mix back?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search