The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
160a 160s 160x 161 162 etc. Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 4th December 2005
Gear Maniac

I was wondering how some of the other newer units (166, 1066) compare to the older 160s. They all say that they will give that "classic DBX sound." Opinions?
Old 24th July 2009
Lives for gear

Ain't nuthin' like a real 160

>>Jay, the reason I saw it as a cheap shot is that you should KNOW that we DO currently make stuff that sounds like the 160VU.

NOBODY has made anything that sounds anything like a real 160 since (the old) dbx made the original 160.

(Wish it were true.)

tutt
Old 24th July 2009
Gear Addict

My dbx 160 xt says made in Hong Kong on it. Sounds great.
Old 25th July 2009
Lives for gear

Sorry to hijack this thread but I am hoping that someone here can help me bring my much loved 160X back from the dead.
Bought myself a 160X a few month back and it has been used on many sessions since. However, when i went to use it the other day I found that I couldnt get any output out of it. It powers up ok and the controls seem operational as the the input/output and gain reduction meters seem to correspond but I cant get any sound out. If i select 'bypass' i hear the uncompressed signal but as soon as i deactivate 'bypass' all I get is hum.
I have posted a thread over in the Geekslutz forum but I thought it was worth a post here too. Anyone here had a similar problem? Anyone any idea as to what the problem may be?
Many thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search