The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How about this for DSUB to DSUB?
Old 25th July 2008
Gear Addict

How about this for DSUB to DSUB?

Ok I might get flamed for this and it's perfectly ok. I was just thinking about how they have the Monster Cable Vs. a Coat hanger threads and stuff and was wondering how this would work as a DSUB cable

Amazon.com: Belkin 10FT IEEE 1284 DB25M/DB25M A to A Cable: Electronics
Old 25th July 2008
Lives for gear
I'll bite.....

You didn't mention what you're using the cable for, but I would stay away from that one for audio use.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think these computer protocol cables are a little different than the ones we use normally around here.
It's probably not "paired" up, and therefore wouldn't be properly shielded.

don't skimp on cabling man.....
You don't have to buy the most expensive cables, you could make your own. That's what I do. It's not rocket science. DSUBs are a PITA, but doable, just be patient, have a GOOD soldering iron, and follow the proper pinout.
I made up a bunch last summer. Saved hundreds, and I know they were made solid.
Old 25th July 2008
Lives for gear

Indeed, make them self, cost less but more time and fun. So what its the deal? Btw those "pc" Dsub connectors don't have the proper impendence like the Dsub connectors for audio device's (correct me if im wrong...).
But com on 17bucks for a Dsub... thats crap. Ok ok ok im not buying 500euro Dsub 1m connectors... but a bit more then that crap, yes.
Old 25th July 2008
Gear Addict

lol, I don't have anything that I need dsubs for at the moment and I was just sitting browsing the internet for gear and stuff and I was like, wouldn't it be funny if these worked perfectly fine. lol

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search