The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Digimax LT vs. Firepod
Old 3rd November 2004
Gear Maniac

Digimax LT vs. Firepod

I am extremely new to recording so please forgive my ignorance. I recently purchased a PreSonus Digimax LT to use as an additional 8 pre's (via lightpipe) for my 002R. I see that the Firepod is now out and a couple hundred dollars cheaper and has a higher sample rate available. Should I have purchased a Firepod instead? What is the difference? I'm using a 2.0 G5 running 10.3.5, PTLE6.4 and the Digimax.
Old 3rd November 2004
Gear Maniac

I don't think Firepod will work as an input to Porotools - it needs other software to record with (I think!).

Anyway, I have the 002R/Digimax LT combination and it is really fine.. Don't even think about changing it! I have gotten some very good results with it - doing tracking for a CD for a singer recently, her producer was extremely happy with the tracks i did for her, so I have good authority on what it can do. Just learn to use it appropriately and you will be happy.

Lou
Old 3rd November 2004
hrn
Lives for gear

I love my Digimax, have the old 44/48 khz "full" version. The pres are on the clean side and they do it good I think. Today I use it when I need an un-colored sound fast in transients. The line in's are great to.

It's a keeper to me. Have other gear for that iron sound which is so nice sometimes.

Hans

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search