The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What are you working on right now? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 2nd January 2003
One with big hooves

What are you working on right now?

I'm in the middle of a nice long lockout with an indie rock band. We stopped on the 23rd and we're starting again at noon, working on more guitars and those should be done by the weekend. So, what are you working on right now?
Old 2nd January 2003
Gear Guru

I'm "guest engineering" at a friends barn studio this weekend. Next week I have a live recording at a club, then I'm playing Thursday and Friday. I start a week-long project on the 11th. Shortly after that is the second record with a band I worked with in the fall of 2001.
Old 2nd January 2003
There is only one

still recovering from the new year.... killa hangover.
Old 2nd January 2003
Lives for gear

Doing another documentary nexy week. And at the same time I'm producing and recording my own band's CD.
Old 2nd January 2003
Gear Maniac

Basement

Still busy building my little home studio in my basement.

Who's the idiot that came up with the idea to put only 24 hours in a day anyway?
Old 2nd January 2003
Gear Maniac

Waiting for the release of budgeted funds...... argggh.
Old 2nd January 2003
Gear Addict

a little of this, a little of that...

Corporate video voice-over this afternoon

CDRom interactive wave files tomorrow

NPR/PRI series voice-over and mix on Saturday

String quartet on Sunday
Old 3rd January 2003
Gear Head

Right now I am still recovering from the last week of the year. My New Year's Eve started with a set up down at the Blue Note NYC for a Chick Corea radio broadcast with Steve Remote's truck......I was only there from 11 am til shortly after 3 pm subbing for the house sound guy. I then went to my other gig of the day at BB King Blues- I did monitors for the support act, DJ Z trip. First time I've ever actually enjoyed a DJ.......My day didn't end until 8:30 AM. My back is hurting still; not sure if it is from moving the piano around the stage at the beginning or moving around amp racks and monitors at the end or if I am just too old to be up and working for that long a period of a time....

I hope to post a more detailed account of the set up with Steve Remote as he asked me to write something for the forum; right now I am still out of it.

Next week I will be skiing in Vermont and working on RELAXING.

After that, back to a mix of producing/mastering for a boutique label, live sound at BB's and Blue Note and hopefully getting more clients to come to the home studio [which is probably the smallest 2" analog 24 track room in NYC if not the world.....].

Also, I've been mixing some really good martinis......
Old 3rd January 2003
Music biz priority = organizing a showcase for managers of an act I publish & produce - takes place in one month so CD's have to go out v soon. ASCAP / the bands lawyer / Bug Music and myself are all inviting managers...(but no labels)

Nagging guilt = An album I should be mixing right now.... I keep putting it off.

What I am waiting for = Lawyers to get done with agreements for a ANOTHER new act I aim to publish in return for studio time. (V exciting) Hope to start that by the end of January.

What I am actually doing = Drinking espresso and getting agitated I haven't done all the above.

Old 3rd January 2003
Here for the gear

Just finishing up a big project for an online English language course for a Japanese publisher.

Post production work for another Japanese publisher.

Cataloging and editing a pile of DATs from several years of location sound recording (SFX)

Biting my nails waiting to hear about a possible long-ish term voice acting gig.

Trying to decide the best location for my new Lava-Lamp.
Old 3rd January 2003
Gear Head

Just got my final wiring done for my home studio, should be up and running within the next Week!!!!!!!!!!

Time to indulge myself.

Happy Holidays to everyone as well

-dano
Old 3rd January 2003
Lives for gear

In the middle of recording an album of my own project.

Also producing a track for a Greek chef to promote his cookery book.

And producing a house single for a DJ, possibly leading to album.

Fun, fun, fun!
Old 3rd January 2003
Lives for gear

Had a week of mixing old songs from 2" thru the neve.... aural orgasm...

and been looking some new and nasty GRRRL's to play with.... gota get outa the gearslut mode and return to 'regular' slut mode... hehehehe

PEACE
Wiggy
Old 3rd January 2003
Lives for gear

We finished up the pre-production demo of our soon to be recorded CD...kinda tweeking the room figgerin out where the couch should sit and how many hillbillies you can get in a room without there being deadly results.....my studio budget ran out last fall so i gotta make everything work for the REAL CD ...setting up 'loaners' ie. mics and pres etc etc....good thing i got well equiped friends...............remember, 2003 is the year of the banjo.
Old 3rd January 2003
Lives for gear

Start a Bossa Nova Album next Tuesday

malice
Old 3rd January 2003
Lives for gear

well....building a new studio in hopes for a mid feb opening.
The building is tented for fumigationfor the next 3 days so now I get the pleasure of completing the rather long "honeydo" list that has accrued on the fridge.

Best part is i'm going shopping for a new mtn bike today. New years res is to get my growing ass out of the studio for at least 3 good rides a week.
Old 3rd January 2003
High End Moderator

Still working on my first surround project (after a 2 week Christmas break), which started in September last year. We are in the final overdub stages for keyboards, live strings and sound effects and the surround mix should start around the middle of January (can't wait) followed by the stereo mix in February. In between all this the studio is going to be upgraded with the MADI cards for the Sonys and a Euphonix Transfer Station with Nuendo. That means lots of rewiring but what else are Sundays for?
Old 3rd January 2003
Lives for gear

Two long term projects, two different artists. They each come in once a week or so. One just lost her job so she will be taking a bit of a break untill she can pay me again.

Procrastinating writing music for a Persian musician. We are going to do a project together, I just need to light a fire under my ass and get to it. One song is done, sketches of 5 more are on my hard drive.
Old 3rd January 2003
Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener
That means lots of rewiring but what else are Sundays for?
Football baby!!!!rollz

Lets go J..E..T..S!!! JETS,JETS,JETS!!!!heh
Old 3rd January 2003
Lives for gear

Yea, sure. Go Jets. That means you don't mind if the Giants get stomped by the Niners.
Old 11th January 2003
Here for the gear

Building stuff...

I'm in the later stages of building my first commercial studio (called Cloud 9), just getting to the fun stuff, wiring, soldering, headscratching. I'm also making an office out of a caravan (Trailer to the yanks) half way up a mountain for a Sound Company I freelance for. I won't be getting behind a desk until late this month when I have a 4 band F.O.H. gig and a 3 day recording project coming up (if the studio is built by then).
Old 13th January 2003
Lives for gear

I am finishing some jingles for a food company:
a) rice cersion
b) pop corn version
c) diet version

very funny
also, 2 Horn Band (budget projects), my own Cd ( an eternity to finish), going back to rehearsals and playing with guys.

Nice 2003
Alécio
Old 13th January 2003
Lives for gear

An interview with my Uncle John. He sounds like William Burroughs, no lie. It's so cool.

Okay. It' probably boring, but not to me.

Jasper
Old 13th January 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm also making an office out of a caravan (Trailer to the yanks)
Only to the Yanks who haven't seen the movie "Snatch."

I mean.

Jasper
Old 13th January 2003
60 CDRs of a band I am involved with hit the desks of managers & movers & shakers this morning... see if I get any calls this afternoon... No lables - just managers....
Old 21st October 2004
Lives for gear

bump
Old 21st October 2004
Lives for gear

Writing music.
Ill make one track a night. name them by number 001, 002, 003 and on. I print a mix of that track at the end of the night drop it in Itunes. then on to the next day. Once I get to 075 I will choose my freshist go back and write them into entiretly with intros breaks, c's and V's. I love seeing what comes out on a day to day basis. it is always different. one day it is jazz one day it is groove, one day it is funk, but its all hip hop type.
Old 21st October 2004
Lives for gear

I've got a guy coming into my home studio at the end of next week to re-track an EP worth of guitars. The guy who tracked it did well on everything but the guitar sounds. I think I do better on guitar sounds than anything else, so I guess we're even. I'm gonna do some rough mixes for them too. Waiting for a Royer 121 and a TG-2. Gonna get it all down with that chain and a 421 and direct for Amplitube and possible reamping. I was reading an Aerosmith article and Joe Perry was talking about using the 121 "thanks to Fletcher". I hope Royer is giving him a couple bucks on every 121 they sell.

O/T: I just realized that the LE version of Amplitube that came with my 002 sounds better than the full version I upgraded to. I accidentally opened the LE version for the first time in a while this morning and I was surprised as heck.

Of course I'm working on my own project, as usual. It's slated for release in the 31st century at this rate.

Switchcraft, that's a cool way to do that. I have a similar thing where I pluck out single parts on my guit-fiddle and then convert to relatively simple midi piano and drums. Then I name them by feel/part, like "6/8 mid-tempo verse". Then I can go into that FireWire drive and play with sticking them together at different tempos. I usually get some interesting ideas that way.
Old 21st October 2004
Lives for gear

this week mixing a jazz record (rearranged swiss folklore tunes)
next week hopefully mastering said record - installing second computer monitor and more harddrives.
the week after that mixing a R&B record. I tracked the basics for that record a few weeks ago and the band did all the overdubs. Wondering how that comes out.
Quite full till new year - knock on wood - only how I could earn money stays a miracle to me

Have fun Jo
Old 21st October 2004
Gear Addict

I'm working on my first song with my new PT setup. It's a remake of a gtr piece I did in the 80's. I finished drums and piano, and I'm currently try to get back my gtr chops. It's funny, but I'm trying to relearn what I originally did by slowing down the original, just like the old days when I'd cop licks off a record by slowing it down to 16. What's not funny is I'm having a hard time - and it's me that I'm trying to cop the licks from - frustrating as hell.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search