The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What are you working on right now? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 22nd October 2004
Gear Guru

10/21/04

Today I played some Moog on the second record by Backyard Tire Fire. This was the last of the tracking. We will start mixing next week or the week after. This is my second record with them and I'm quite excited about. Great songs and great playing.

Tomorrow I start an EP with Mourning Eve.
Old 22nd October 2004
Gear Head

QCing cassettes for a boutique label at the moment. Shoudl be doing this for the next 4 hours. Let's hear it for the box set!

This morning was a corporate meeting with 1 podium mic and 5 table mics. How exciting.

Early evening I did some level matching for recorded audio cues for an Off-Off-Broadway One-woman show that I did the sound design for. I've never done sound design for theater before; it was quite fun.

Last week I did a mix for the band Rana for a song for a Talking Heads tribute album.
Old 22nd October 2004
Lives for gear

today i mixed some songs from a live concert i recorded. next week i start recording an album for another band. we've got two weeks to track and then the next two weeks will be mixing. after that, i've got two different bands recording EPs sometime in early December. my partner has two mastering projects on the table right now as well. we're pretty busy right now.
Old 22nd October 2004
Lives for gear

Well, I'm getting to mix a few songs from a band that Steve Albini tracked in his studio back in July. Also finishing up tracking for a cool band that reminds me of Tom waits meets Los Lobos!

Also, I'm getting ready to install my new machine!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3753979145

Good times. !

Eric
Old 22nd October 2004
Producing and tracking a local rock band called Korban. Good players and songs, it's taking 90% of my available studio time. Just finished a 2 song mix that I tracked for an 'Old School Audio' demonstration CD that I'm working on. Have 3 mastering before/after 'samples' coming to me that I need to do, that will hopefully develop into confirmed projects.
Old 22nd October 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by rainsinvelvet
Also, I'm getting ready to install my new machine!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3753979145
Holy ****!!!

What a great deal on that deck!

Congratulations!!!
Old 22nd October 2004
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by rainsinvelvet
Well, I'm getting to mix a few songs from a band that Steve Albini tracked in his studio back in July. Also finishing up tracking for a cool band that reminds me of Tom waits meets Los Lobos!

Good times. !

Eric
Have fun with that one!
Old 23rd October 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by blackcatdigi
Holy ****!!!

What a great deal on that deck!

Congratulations!!!
Thanks, I'm excited !

Eric
Old 23rd October 2004
Lives for gear

currently working on chick-rock stuff. One band has spent over a month and counting in my studio (decent $$$$) The other one's first day is tomorrow. I never thought that I would get most of my work as a chick-rock engineer/producer. That's life!
BTW- I'm personally into heavy****/hiphop/reggae/trance/etc..
Old 25th October 2004
Gear Head

Paranoid: So you should have been to my studio this weekend as I recorded and mixed new single for one of the local reggae bands here. Good session, good vibe 8-)

1love, Alexandr.
www.gunjah.cz
Old 25th October 2004
Lives for gear

reggae is da bomb

That sounds sweet as hell! Wanna swap clients?
BTW- Your studio looks amazing, and the vibe of the site is very cool.
Old 26th October 2004
Lives for gear

Deep house stuff, mostly, with a dub flavor (a la Henrik Schwarz and Charles Webster, for instance).

Another house track with more of an early 90s Italo flavor.

Still another house track with a mix of Chicago jack and 'Frisco prog-house (dreamy pad washes and such)

Recording my wax to digital slowly for use in Traktor.

Personal trip-hop project in a holding pattern pending a sample clearance.

Peece,
T. Tauri
Old 26th October 2004
Lives for gear

I just finished the first full lenght album for a local rock band called Suddenly Cult, BB is mastering it as I type . Great songs, was a long project but lots of fun.

Am in the middle of preproduction for an album for a local emo-metal band. This is going to move a lot faster and heavier. The guitartones should be mega: we have the newest ENGL amp SE (only a dozen or so made yet), perhaps also some boutique Naylor amp, ENGL 4x12's cabs, guitar chain will be R121 AND/or Sm57 - Chandler TG-2 - Distressor - DM1000 AD - Nuendo .
Lots of fun heh .

Greetings,
Dirk
Old 27th October 2004
Gear Nut

Working on mixes for an EP of a local rockband, sound needs to be heavy but 'radio friendly' .
I'm using parallel compression on drumbuss (thanks gearslutz), this really RULES!
Also used the telefunken 672's on all guitars aswell as the quasi xy sm57-e604 combo as an experiment while tracking, turns out rather cool.
Also I'm ordering a pair of schoeps SD's this week, yeah!
Old 27th October 2004

starting my own album...

about to start producing a singers solo album

waiting for contracts on two new album mixes

usual in and out freelance drum/engineering sessions

finishing the new sample cd

waiting for one artist to get less pregnant so I can finish her single

tryind to piece a rig back together with no dough....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search