The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
And what, in your opinion, are the best DI and Re-amp devices you've used?
Old 7th January 2003
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay Kahrs
I've also heard the ART Tube MP being used well a few times but that's really colored.
Southerners couldn't get by with that sentence - perhaps we could refer to the Tube MP as 'really ethnic', but I think that 'multi-cultural' would be best...
Old 7th January 2003

Di and reamp in one, check out the MIA-1.0 from Buzz Audio.

MIA1.0 Musical Instrument Adaptor

Cheers
Tim
Old 7th January 2003
One with big hooves

Tim, a few questions about the MIA.

Is the Lo-Z in balanced?

Since it needs phantom power to operate, would it need to be connected to a phantom supply to run as a reamp?
Old 8th January 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay Kahrs
Tim, a few questions about the MIA.
Is the Lo-Z in balanced? Since it needs phantom power to operate, would it need to be connected to a phantom supply to run as a reamp?
Hi Jay,

All inputs are unbalanced, the Lo-Z is 20k ohms impedance, the Hi-Z 1Meg.

Yes, phantom is needed. I suppose one could strap up some PP9 batteries to power it remotely, 4 in series should would give you 36V which would be sufficient if fed via a 2k resistor.

Cheers
Tim
Buzz Audio
Old 8th January 2003
Lives for gear

WOW, I hadn't seen this thread (or the other one it makes reference to) back when it was hot... I never thought of it before; band-aid, kleenex, jello... reamp??

In any case, I just wanted to add an unsolicited, unpaid and sincerely enthusiastic endorsement for the Cuniberti Reamp. I got mine from John around 1994--one of the originals, now "vintage"... red box, serial #39 (in sharpie) with the hyphen in the name "re-amp" on the side. Indeed, reamping bass or guitar DI signals at the mix stage is fun, flexible and sometimes essential, and the reamp box is simple and sounds great. Further, I think I've had more fun with this box and my crate of ****ty fx pedals than with almost anything else in my studio.

On the other end of the chain, I often rent Steve Jarvis' Evil Twin DI, which is spectacular . . . and I must admit to an occasional affinity for the unexotic Countryman DI into a Focusrite pre...

-dave

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search