The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
And what, in your opinion, are the best DI and Re-amp devices you've used? Direct Injection & Re-amp Boxes
Old 7th January 2003
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay Kahrs
I've also heard the ART Tube MP being used well a few times but that's really colored.
Southerners couldn't get by with that sentence - perhaps we could refer to the Tube MP as 'really ethnic', but I think that 'multi-cultural' would be best...
Old 7th January 2003

Di and reamp in one, check out the MIA-1.0 from Buzz Audio.

MIA1.0 Musical Instrument Adaptor

Cheers
Tim
Old 7th January 2003
One with big hooves

Tim, a few questions about the MIA.

Is the Lo-Z in balanced?

Since it needs phantom power to operate, would it need to be connected to a phantom supply to run as a reamp?
Old 8th January 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay Kahrs
Tim, a few questions about the MIA.
Is the Lo-Z in balanced? Since it needs phantom power to operate, would it need to be connected to a phantom supply to run as a reamp?
Hi Jay,

All inputs are unbalanced, the Lo-Z is 20k ohms impedance, the Hi-Z 1Meg.

Yes, phantom is needed. I suppose one could strap up some PP9 batteries to power it remotely, 4 in series should would give you 36V which would be sufficient if fed via a 2k resistor.

Cheers
Tim
Buzz Audio
Old 8th January 2003
Lives for gear

WOW, I hadn't seen this thread (or the other one it makes reference to) back when it was hot... I never thought of it before; band-aid, kleenex, jello... reamp??

In any case, I just wanted to add an unsolicited, unpaid and sincerely enthusiastic endorsement for the Cuniberti Reamp. I got mine from John around 1994--one of the originals, now "vintage"... red box, serial #39 (in sharpie) with the hyphen in the name "re-amp" on the side. Indeed, reamping bass or guitar DI signals at the mix stage is fun, flexible and sometimes essential, and the reamp box is simple and sounds great. Further, I think I've had more fun with this box and my crate of ****ty fx pedals than with almost anything else in my studio.

On the other end of the chain, I often rent Steve Jarvis' Evil Twin DI, which is spectacular . . . and I must admit to an occasional affinity for the unexotic Countryman DI into a Focusrite pre...

-dave

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search