The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ADAM A7+Sub 8/10 or ADAM P-22A's ?? (need2knowASAP)(post-GS srch reading) Studio Monitors
Old 21st November 2007
Gear maniac

ADAM A7+Sub 8/10 or ADAM P-22A's ?? (need2knowASAP)(post-GS srch reading)

Hi guys-
About to plunk down for some (barely) used P-22A's, however Guitar Center has a 20% off deal tomorrow morning... and they carry A7's.

So my question is, forgetting about price differences, which of the two would you recommend for improving my mixes of electronica, house and dirty synth techno? I've been mixing on JBL 4328's (both with and w/out sub), Genelec 8020A's, and some home stereo KEF's for sanity checking.

I liked the way the A7's sounded at NAMM, but I'd need the bass for the detailed bass/sub-bass work I do in my genre, so I'd have to add a Sub8 or Sub10 to them.

I've never heard the P-22A's, and I wouldn't be able to before purchasing. (a trusted seller at least, so no worries there)

If my objective is better mixes, but also only having one set of monitors to also produce on... and my genre is minimal tech/acid house primarily... what do you recommend and why? The sale is tomorrow, so let 'er rip!

Ps.. I've done an exhaustive GS search on these...but am hoping that now that more time has passed, folks have been able to A/B these two pairs specifically...
Old 22nd November 2007
Gear maniac

b u m p
now or never...with 60 views i KNOW you guys have opinions... fire away!

Should this thread have been in the 'high end' forum instead maybe?

Thanks again all. I'm about 10 hours away from making a decision...

-shag
Old 24th November 2007
Gear maniac

well, for those of you in the future buying ADAM's, I went with the P22A's, and am not looking back. A7's sounded nice, but not quite nearly in the same league as far as total clarity of detail in the highs. The bass rounds out really sweetly on the P22's as well....enough so where I won't need a subwoofer 99% of the time even while mixing house music.
$02,
Shag
Old 21st January 2008
Gear Maniac

hm thanks for sharing that
Old 7th July 2008
Lives for gear

bump

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search