The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer V-Amp 2 Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Behringer V-Amp 2

In the market for an amp sim dealie.

How does the Behringer V-Amp 2 stack up to the POD?

It's certainly cheaper. The interface actually looks a little better.
Also, it's blue vs. red. That's what I know. What do you have to say? I want to know.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Noisy.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lean View Post
In the market for an amp sim dealie.

How does the Behringer V-Amp 2 stack up to the POD?

It's certainly cheaper. The interface actually looks a little better.
Also, it's blue vs. red. That's what I know. What do you have to say? I want to know.
I hate mine but it was $45 used at guitar center.
I use it on vacations and when I just can't use an amp
that's about all it's good for..

It's funny I see tons of flame war threads on pods, v-amps etc...
In my opinion for cheapo modelers the Korg Pandora series is superior
to the pods and vamps. Never hear anyone talk about them though. They are actually usable for recording with decent results
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Buy and Amp, Thats a waste of however much those things go for unless you just want it for demo-ish stuff or practice around the house.
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Nut

checkout the johnson j station, you can find one on ebay between 50 and a hundred bucks
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

i have a v-amp2 ive had since 2003 (i think). Sucks for recording. Totally useless in a mix. I use mine when i dont feel like wearing my tubes out. It only has 1 model i like and its hi gain and i dont like hi gain anyway, so.

it doesnt hold a candle to my '72 silvertone.
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I own a PODxt and I love it.

Let the flaming being.

-ScottyD
Old 12th September 2007
i've got a bass Pod, bass V-Amp & SansAmp Bass Driver DI Pedal. the Sansamp has the most usable tone, sits in the mix well & gets the best reaction from players when it comes time to track. the V-Aamp has some fun sounds to play with. the pod is ok to jam on but rarely makes the final cut.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I use both a V-Amp Pro and a J-station. The J-Station gets used for heavy ryhthm guitars and the V-amp gets used for Solo's.

The amp sims on the Vamp are more realistic than the POD IMO. But the POD has better effects. If you have outboard effects or effects your going to use inbox, get the V-amp. You can almost hear POD sampling... :D

I use mine with a G-major and an RNC inline. Sounds brilliant. I get enough compliments on my solo sound that it's enough to keep me using it. Many MANY pro guitar players don't beleive I'm using a modeler for soloing.

Good luck!
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict

I have a v amp pro, and it is the biggest piece of horse**** I have ever heard in my life. That said, I use it when I want to play electric guitar at 2 o'clock in the morning and am completely happy with it in that regard. Don't try to use it in a mix or you'll start throwing **** around in the living room and beating your wife. That might be an exaggeration.

EDIT: I don't think it sounds any better than Logic's amp sim, which sounds awful, but why would you want it in hardware?
Old 15th September 2007
unless you really have a use for it live, stay away from V-Amps. if you really need to simulate guitar sounds (rather than record real ones), use a software package like guitar rig or amplitube. they sounds fairly decent, and you can go back and tweak things during a mix if you feel like it.
Old 15th September 2007
Gear Addict

Used the V-amp 2 live a year or so. It did a decent job. Too noisy in studio though...
Old 18th September 2007
Gear Nut

between the two, the Vamp has a much better interface.

Tonally, they're different, but similar. I've got the tabletop Vamp and a Flextone 2 head. If you've got experience with the amps being modelled, you'll not be impressed with either, but both sound good for what they are. The noise factor with the Vamp is a bit more than with the Line6, but not terrible. Effects on the Vamp are more flexible for recording than the Line6, but floorboard integration with the Line6 is much better than with the Vamp.

I like the Vamp more for hi-gain sounds, and the Line6 more for Fendery stuff.
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

i own both, vamp2 and pod2.. the pod2 is better than the last one fer sure, it's got some bottom end now anyways... the behringer actualy stands up VERY well, but the build quality isnt a patch on the pod of course, soundwise i cant agree there's much difference tho
Old 18th September 2007
Here for the gear

My V-amp 2 is fairly useless for anything apart from silent practicing, as mentioned above. To my ears the POD is a bit better, however the interface is a bit harder to deal with if you're going between presets. Also, I'm not sure about the POD but the V-amp has a pause of about a second in between changing patches which is annoying if you want to use it in a live situation.

You'd be better off with software (sound-wise) if this is an option to you? (Amplitube?)

Joe

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search