The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
blown monitor amps
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

blown monitor amps

i have three Behringer active monitors that two have bad amps. yes more proof Behringer [email protected] but anyway i like how they sound. and i was thinking maybe i will find or build a crossover and make them passive. other wize they are just taking up space. does anyone have any ideas on where i could get some cross overs that would work? maybe the another speaker set i could use that close ( i know its a long shot but i gotta askheh) or plans to build one thanks in advance.
Old 11th September 2007

The big advantage of active monitors is that you can make really good crossovers easily and cheaply....

Best bet is to repair the amps you have or find a used set where the drivers are dammaged and the amps work. Any passive cross-over you design is likely to cost as much as the monitors, take hours to tune and end up sounding different anyway.

The best thing to do is just spend the $150 and get a new pair. I hear that the broken Behringer gear makes good targets for 45 and 44mag....

-tINY

Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tINY View Post

The big advantage of active monitors is that you can make really good crossovers easily and cheaply....

Best bet is to repair the amps you have or find a used set where the drivers are dammaged and the amps work. Any passive cross-over you design is likely to cost as much as the monitors, take hours to tune and end up sounding different anyway.

The best thing to do is just spend the $150 and get a new pair. I hear that the broken Behringer gear makes good targets for 45 and 44mag....

-tINY

i have had five all together and as much as i like them and after four of these amps burning out i am not going there again but what do i do with them besides shoot them.
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Busted Active Monitors

takethem and just geth amp guts fixed
most likely the tech can put better new parts in the amps repalcemt parts
If yourt hinking of repalcing go with Yourkville Sound active monitors at leas they have a 2 year warranity even if you break them and also have a matching sub you can also match up to the top boxes as well

You might also conisder dropping in a new active amp section some audio shops sell thsee in kits you might have to cut ou the back to fit but it's another idea to give a shot as well.
james

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search