The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone using the KRK VXT monitors? Studio Monitors
Old 23rd December 2016
Lives for gear

Not to derail the thread too much... but I am currently selling a pair of mint KRK VXT6s for HALF their retail price in the classifieds (due to a downgrade to 4" speakers).

Old 29th December 2016
Gear Addict
Thanks I am just going to part out the E8t's....I may just buy those new V4's as a second pair! RIP my glorious E8t's!
Old 2nd February 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrenken View Post
No one that worked on the VXTs are still with the company. I thought we had a document that could help out but we cannot find it. We did find that customer service was suggesting that people try this. Sescom SES-INLINE-EMCF Inline RF Filter XLR Male to Neutrik EMC Female Grnd Lift

The RF issue only affects a small percentage of people and they could never find a fix for it, from what I can tell. I wish I had more info.

Also, I sent you an email from the email address on your website.
Does the new crack team at KRK cover the cost of the sescom dongle for any vxt users still plagued by RFI due to the previous vxt team's incompetence?
Old 2nd February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silos View Post
Does the new crack team at KRK cover the cost of the sescom dongle for any vxt users still plagued by RFI due to the previous vxt team's incompetence?
It was not incompetence. I hear you though.

The problem has been permanently fixed by the new V Series 4s.
Old 10th February 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
It was not incompetence. I hear you though.

The problem has been permanently fixed by the new V Series 4s.
Not likely to buy any krk products again. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 19th February 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
It was not incompetence.
Alternative facts? If it was not incompetence, was it deliberate? It does even
comply to EMC Directive 89/336/EEC. Who put the CE marking on this equipment without proper testing?
Old 20th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by bace View Post
Alternative facts? If it was not incompetence, was it deliberate? It does even
comply to EMC Directive 89/336/EEC. Who put the CE marking on this equipment without proper testing?
I'm a real human here trying to help out. You don't have to be snide.

I've been at KRK 2 1/2 years. None of the engineers who designed the VXTs are here. My engineers looked into this a while before I came. This is my understanding.

Those directives you are posting about are about what a company's product emits and what affects your product. The VXT passed all tests, just like all our products. It only affected a few people that were near high powered rf. Like shortwave radio antennas that are not in compliance. Out of hundreds of artists KRK worked with on the VXTs, one artist had an issue. He had a studio near an airport and their rf was legal.

A total redesign was needed. The new V Series monitors are that.

We sold tens of thousands of VXTs worldwide. This was not a widespread issue. It wasn't incompetence. It wasn't deliberate. If someone here still has the issue, pm me.
Old 30th March 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
I'm a real human here trying to help out. You don't have to be snide.

I've been at KRK 2 1/2 years. None of the engineers who designed the VXTs are here. My engineers looked into this a while before I came. This is my understanding.

Those directives you are posting about are about what a company's product emits and what affects your product. The VXT passed all tests, just like all our products. It only affected a few people that were near high powered rf. Like shortwave radio antennas that are not in compliance. Out of hundreds of artists KRK worked with on the VXTs, one artist had an issue. He had a studio near an airport and their rf was legal.

A total redesign was needed. The new V Series monitors are that.

We sold tens of thousands of VXTs worldwide. This was not a widespread issue. It wasn't incompetence. It wasn't deliberate. If someone here still has the issue, pm me.
Hey I used to have a pair of VXT 6's a while ago and was thinking about getting them again cause I really liked them. Should I just get the V series? Are the V series basically an improved VXT? Thanks.
Old 30th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLYYM View Post
Hey I used to have a pair of VXT 6's a while ago and was thinking about getting them again cause I really liked them. Should I just get the V series? Are the V series basically an improved VXT? Thanks.
Good question. I basically figured out that guys who like the old V Series 1 and 2 did not gravitate to the VXTs. But guys who just heard that KRKs were cool and checked out VXTs dug them. Far less pro guys liked the VXTs compared to the V Series 4. One guy, Kevin Shirley, uses the old 6000 series and dug the VXTs for traveling. I brought him a pair of the new Vs and he loved them. I have converted most of my friends who dug the VXTs. Only one is still on his VXTs.

My goal with the new V was to give that guy who loved the old Vs a place to go and for the guys who love Rokit, like Jacquire King, a place to go to get that sound with more headroom, punch, depth and width, etc.

VXT and V Series 4 are both pro. They have similarities but are different. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 30th March 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Good question. I basically figured out that guys who like the old V Series 1 and 2 did not gravitate to the VXTs. But guys who just heard that KRKs were cool and checked out VXTs dug them. Far less pro guys liked the VXTs compared to the V Series 4. One guy, Kevin Shirley, uses the old 6000 series and dug the VXTs for traveling. I brought him a pair of the new Vs and he loved them. I have converted most of my friends who dug the VXTs. Only one is still on his VXTs.

My goal with the new V was to give that guy who loved the old Vs a place to go and for the guys who love Rokit, like Jacquire King, a place to go to get that sound with more headroom, punch, depth and width, etc.

VXT and V Series 4 are both pro. They have similarities but are different. Let me know if you have any other questions.
I think you just made my decision more confusing! Lol! I'm rockin some G2 Rockit 5's right now and I don't have a problem with them at all. Just figured its time to upgrade or at least find something to compliment them. I remember the VXT's be super clear and defined. The thing is though I had them when I was first getting into music. What would you put next to these Rockit 5's I have?
Old 30th March 2017
Quote:
I think you just made my decision more confusing! Lol! I'm rockin some G2 Rockit 5's right now and I don't have a problem with them at all. Just figured its time to upgrade or at least find something to compliment them. I remember the VXT's be super clear and defined. The thing is though I had them when I was first getting into music. What would you put next to these Rockit 5's I have?
Oh, that is easy then. The new V Series 4. I would get the V8s if you are going to keep mixing with your Rokits as well. You are in good company mixing with Rokit 5s. If you are going to replace your Rokits then grab the the V6s.
Old 30th March 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Oh, that is easy then. The new V Series 4. I would get the V8s if you are going to keep mixing with your Rokits as well. You are in good company mixing with Rokit 5s. If you are going to replace your Rokits then grab the the V6s.
Cool man thanks.
Old 31st March 2017
Quote:
Cool man thanks.
My pleasure.
Old 18th April 2017
I have the new V6's and I'm digging them. Getting better mixes than my PreSonus Sceptre S6's I had in the same position. My measurements at listening position are very flat through the mids and highs. There's a mild little dip at 750 and a more notable dip at 70-75hz which I'm sure has more to do with my room than anything else.
Old 19th April 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by styphon View Post
I bought the VXT8 for about 350$ because someone thought they were broken because of the RFI. (I live for getting things cheap), also GC randomly has sales on KRK's.

Great monitors, BUT as you look thru threads here you will notice lots of people besides me have trouble with RFI. Krk acknowledges the problem and has offered to have them sent back for "repairs", which I am not sure anyone has done yet.

After trying like 20 tricks to remove RFI, I finally took apart the speeaker, and shielded it with aluminum foil, connecting it to the original shielding point. This eliminated probably 90% of the RFI...
Any brand new speaker that has to be opened up and shielded with a DIY job like that ain't worth salt.

It's amazing what people are willing to put up with sometimes!
Old 22nd April 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Shostokavitch View Post
Any brand new speaker that has to be opened up and shielded with a DIY job like that ain't worth salt.

It's amazing what people are willing to put up with sometimes!
I agree. It only affected a very small percentage of people and was the perfect storm of a couple things. As I said earlier, if anyone still having this issue, email me at [email protected].

Also, lots and lots of big records were tracked and mixed on the VXTs so they are worth a bit more than salt but I totally get what you are saying.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search