The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Adam A7 front input gain discrepancies between L and R monitors Studio Monitors
Old 8th September 2007
Here for the gear

Adam A7 front input gain discrepancies between L and R monitors

Right, I have got some new A7s.

I have to put the input gain on both real low at the moment until I get some monitor gain control to go in between my audio interface and the A7s (they are currently set to around -30dB!)

The Left monitor needs to be one one notch lower than the Right monitor's setting. Does this seem right to anyone? I thought they should require the exact same input gain amount to sound balanced.

I will have to try setting them both to 0dB and see if they sound balanced at that level, but at the moment they will be both so loud that I don't think I will know if they are truly balanced!
Old 8th September 2007
Gear Addict

Mine have the same issue. I was curious to find the best advice. Im just balancing them by ears for now.
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefybassandsub View Post
Right, I have got some new A7s.

I have to put the input gain on both real low at the moment until I get some monitor gain control to go in between my audio interface and the A7s (they are currently set to around -30dB!)

The Left monitor needs to be one one notch lower than the Right monitor's setting. Does this seem right to anyone? I thought they should require the exact same input gain amount to sound balanced.

I will have to try setting them both to 0dB and see if they sound balanced at that level, but at the moment they will be both so loud that I don't think I will know if they are truly balanced!
Yeah, I've noticed the same thing with mine. I'm not sure what the issue is, but they sound very close when I set them up the way you described (one notch difference).
Old 9th September 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickencoop View Post
Yeah, I've noticed the same thing with mine. I'm not sure what the issue is, but they sound very close when I set them up the way you described (one notch difference).
i find that quite strange as my cheapo yamahas don't have this problem. Is this a defect?
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

You can use a cheap SPL messurment device.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search