The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I need a PT-m powered interface Audio Interfaces
Old 6th September 2007
Here for the gear

I need a PT-m powered interface

I've been thinking about getting Pro Tools M-powered for a little while now. I've been using Cubase SX (PC) 3.02 and my Fireface 800, and my newly added UA 2192 now for almost 2 years and couldn't be happier. I need to get set up with PT for compatibility with some other musicians in the area I am working with now. I don't want to spend all the money for a Digi 002/003, and I've heard M-audio's higher stuff is better than MBox2??? I Don't know much about M-audio, but I suppose I've been looking at Their Delta 1010, and their FW1814. Are there many differences besides Firewire and PCI? I don't care about Preamp quality much, or the converters as I will be hopefully bypassing them with the UA 2192. I just need an interface with SPDIF or ADAT for the external conversion.

They both retail around the same price I believe...just curious to which one would be more suitable for my current set up, or any user experiences. Thanks.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

I dont have any experience with the fireface but if you can use in as a standalone converter via adat light pipe, I would look at M-audio light bridge.
Old 6th September 2007
Here for the gear

Wow, I've never heard of the Lightpipe. How would It work as a "Dongle" for PT, as well utilize the FF800's Preamps and AD/DA Converters? If it can, I'd definitely go that route. I'm looking at M-audio's Website, but they're somewhat vague and it's possibilites.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search