The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
t.bone RB 500 output? / SCT2000 for electric guitar? Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Head

t.bone RB 500 output? / SCT2000 for electric guitar?

Hello Gearslutz forumites!
This is my first post here! I came here while googling for the t.bone mics. I need a mic to complement my SM57 - for electric guitar at appartment-friendly volumes as well as for vocals. So, I am looking at the SCT2000 and the RB500. How much output does the ribbon mic have when recording at low volumes? At Thomann, it is optionally bundled with the Presonus Tubepre preamp - I was wondering if I need it when recording into my Boss BR-1600CD? (My SM57 barely has enough output.) Also, I am not quite sure how well suited the SCT200 is for electric guitar? (There is no danger of exceeding the 130 dB SPL.)
Thanks a lot!
Anders
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search