The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Spring Reverb Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 21st February 2010
Lives for gear

I am interested in getting myself a Sound Workshop spring reverb and have heard of the 242A and the 242C (not sure if there was ever a 242B?) but what are the differences between them? Were there any other spring reverbs that Sound Workshop produced?

In addition to this I have seen the old Pioneer SR range (SR-101, SR-202, SR-202W) spring reverbs come up on a regular basis I'm considering getting one of these cheap units for a bit of lo-fi flavour. I understand that the SR-101 is tube and the SR-202 & SH-202W are solid state but any addition info and opinons on these units would be great.
Old 21st February 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdFLU View Post

I don't know why because I haven't seen any spring reverb plug-ins. And you can't bang on a plug-in.
I don't recommend banging on it, but PT 8 comes with an AIR spring reverb these days. I've been using it fairly often recently, fun sound.

Sure it has nothing on your hip vintage gear, but FYI...
Old 21st February 2010
Lives for gear

D&R stereo spring reverb, just like dlmorley said.

I have one, it's great! really fun filter on it aswell. and cheap, if you can find one.
Old 21st February 2010
Lives for gear

If you you any DIY skill's, you can make a spring reverb for pretty little $. I have a stereo all tube spring that sounds great. It was also a lot cheaper than any of the decent used or new ones out there.
Old 21st February 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusRant View Post
If you you any DIY skill's, you can make a spring reverb for pretty little $. I have a stereo all tube spring that sounds great. It was also a lot cheaper than any of the decent used or new ones out there.
I was thinking of trying to build one of these myself. I have the reverb tank from a fender amp i was going to use. Do you have any schematics or websites to point me to where I could get some instructions on building one?
Old 11th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialectic View Post
I am interested in getting myself a Sound Workshop spring reverb and have heard of the 242A and the 242C (not sure if there was ever a 242B?) but what are the differences between them? Were there any other spring reverbs that Sound Workshop produced?

In addition to this I have seen the old Pioneer SR range (SR-101, SR-202, SR-202W) spring reverbs come up on a regular basis I'm considering getting one of these cheap units for a bit of lo-fi flavour. I understand that the SR-101 is tube and the SR-202 & SH-202W are solid state but any addition info and opinons on these units would be great.
Bump, bump...!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search