The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mixer Question Mixers (Analog)
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Mixer Question

Okay. I have decided I need a mixer. I have an mbox 2. Here is my signal chain....Instruments - mono...plugged into an avalon AD2022 into an avalon 2044 into the Mbox. I get a pretty good sound with this setup. Here's my problem, I want to cut out this plugging and un-plugging crap...Sometimes I would actually like to hear the my guitar, bass, and Keyboard at the same time. I don't need to record all three at a time though...I just need stereo for that..(which is why I have an Mbox). So here's what I need to know. I want to plug about 8 different channels in to be heard at once. I am kind of scared to do this for fear of introducing serious noise into the setup. How can I achieve this without screwing up my audio quality? Thanks
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Maniac

A better quality mixer will have less noise.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

I'd probably get a waaaay better AD than the stock Mbox conversion first. You have a quality signal chain up until that point. As far as not hearing the guitar, bass and drums at the same time...What you said is confusing. Are these live insturments, soundmodules? Is this monitoring issue on playback? While tracking?
Old 5th September 2007

Get an interface with a digital queue mixer.....

-tINY

Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Get a motorcycle!
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch333 View Post
Are these live insturments, soundmodules?
All of the above actually. I know my a/d conversion sucks...I had a mini me for a while, and it definitely helped out my sound. But I'm not really worried about that at this point...It sounds fine for what I need currently. Better A/D conversion is a little sluttier than I can afford at this moment. I guess what I need to know is...if I put a line mixer into this chain, am I going to lose tons of sound quality? Is it going to be noticeably worse?
Old 6th September 2007

A decent mixer should be fine - like, say an Onyx 1220....

You can record direct outs, so the recording quality isn't even an issue.

-tINY

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search