The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NEW GEAR PURCHASE Studio Monitors
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Nut

NEW GEAR PURCHASE

So this weekend I took the plunge and financed some equip...thru GC and Sam Ash...maxed out both cards....Originally I am working with a PC pentium 4 with 1gig ram and all maxed out features in other ways...A 1820m emu for my input, SPL Channel one and Focusrite for pre/channel strip, shure ksm 44 or blue kiwi for microphones, jbl lsr28p monitors with a hr824 mackie monitors, a cheap furman monitor selector that is not transparent at all. steinberg nuendo 3.2 and a ton of plugins....so
back to the purchase...
I ended up finding that GC is having a great sale on the Event ps8's (399$ ea)so i picked up 2....also with it i purchased a yamaha h10w subwoofer. My monitor selector was crap so i purchased the presonus central station and the additional remote for it. I also picked up a DBX 231 eq for eq'ing my listening environment because of some very obious dips and losses of frequency in my room and to go along with it i also picked up the Phonic paa2 handheld spl.

After 3k of new gear let me say....WHOLy SHINTO!!!! as a whole the listening room sounds phenominal. I am very impressed with the asp8 and the yamaha sub combo...after some simple tweaking of the cuts, i was able to hear every detail of any type of music i played from rap to classical to rock....The Paa2 worked great in snapping different shots of my room...i took 5 in total, averaged them with ease and when settings were translated to my dbx231, I A/B'D THE RESULTS AND OH MY GOSH, all of the frequencys i was not hearing came alive at all positions of the room. No frequency drops or over emphasises at all.... The central station is a really nice piece of gear, Im running my signal analog thru the unit, bypassing the converters and the unit sound very transparent and clear. Overall a great purchase all around and a definite improvement to my mixing environment.

And just a reminder...the ps8's are 399$ at GC....
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

I also got the asp8 monitors as well. I payed 349 each though. And I'm getting that Central Station as well, haha. They are some awesome speakers. And GC did have some incredible deals. The "LIST" payed off.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search