The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Differences between these two mixers
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Nut

Differences between these two mixers

I have a friend who would sell me a Mackie 8 bus with the 24e and the desk and meter bridges complete with a 13 space rack for about 2k, but I also found a Audioarts 8x and it looks very nice. I have heard comparisons to neotek and soundcraft listed when discussing this console. Iknow allot of people started on mackies and loathe the company and often times plead with people to go with a soundtracs or A&H, etc... What would be the advantages of having the AA8x over the 8 bus besides the obivous answers cynical people will give.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

dont buy that mackie. The eq on those is no good. I have a Tascam 2600 MKII for sale. Look it up. I really do think anyone should buy a Mackie 8 buss unless maybe for front of house live sound or something.

Cheers.
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Maniac

New board

You might want to try and rent a few models if possibe and give them them once over your self and do your own ear testing.
But any board going is to take you a year to dig into and learn it .
They all have there own little tweaks to them .
I'd go with big is better in busses and aux send returns as well better to have to much than to little like the boy scouts be prepard .
james

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search