The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best audio interface under $200 Audio Interfaces
Old 31st August 2007
Here for the gear

Best audio interface under $200

Hey fellas,

I'm fairly new to the home-recording scene. So my terminology is poor. But I'm developing regardless. Anyways, I know these type of questions get asked a lot and people say there's usually no definitive answer but you can be subjective. What do you all think is the best audio interface under $200? Something that's proven to be very good or you guys have had personally experience with. Really appreciate the replies, if any, guys. Only for vocals by the way. No Firewire also.
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

EMU 1212m is good. I used to have it. But you would still need a preamp...
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Maniac

Emu 0404 PCI with a Soundcraft Compact 4 = $200

Nice little set-up. Everything you need.
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

esi esp1010, (assuming it converts to under 200 bucks) a proper rack, great ritemark results, 2 x midi i/o, 2 heaphone feeds - 8 x8 i/o + dig on the card, awesome drivers and you also get esi directwire with it

200 aint much but that does it well for the price.
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Nut

nice interface

i think a good option would be the satellite onyx from mackie, i bought it a couple of months ago and i find it pretty solid and stable, nice quality construction, decent preamps and converters (for that price), and its quite portable (though you have to be careful with forcing and bending the pins), i find wery useful that it has 2 phones outputs and talkback, u can also switch from low impedance to high impedance, and u can have up to 2 set of monitors. great interface for 200 bucks. get a pci firewire! (800) its worth it, i dont really trust usb powered interfaces
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Nut

M-audio Delta 44
24/96

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search