The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Low Ender having problems Modular Synthesizers
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Head

Low Ender having problems

I recorded some hip hop vocals with my AKG perception 200 mic going into my Fostex vf160 hard drive recorder. While mixing in Sonar 2xl I can't find any subtle vocal effects that sound good. I've tried chorus, delay, flanging and It just doesn't sound good to me. Someone out there I hope maybe might have some effect ideas and or settings to help bring a little more life out of my mix. Sorry, I'll have mp3s up soon.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

Have you tried eq'ing, compressing and maybe even adding a little distortion to your vocal tracks? Have you listened to some of your favorite artists and tried duplicating what they're doing? Also, is it just your vocal tracks you're having problems with or is it your whole mix. If you can give some more specific details as to what's going wrong in your mix maybe we can give more detailed answers.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search