The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
$1000.00 budget, need recommendations
Old 30th August 2007
Here for the gear

$1000.00 budget, need recommendations

alright, im a hip hop artist, and i have nothing. no studio. tell me what i should get for 1000 bucks, feel free to post future upgrades too, right now im a high school kid so you kno, i cant afford none of that stuff main stream artists are rhyming on (i don think)
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by donhom View Post
you kno, i cant afford none of that stuff main stream artists are rhyming on (i don think)
Yes you can.

If you're just spittin', You can get a lot of studio time for $1000, and a demo or record that will be with you for the rest of your life.

Or you can get a computer, and interface, and have enough left over for a cheapass mic, much of which you won't have for the rest of your life.

Sure there are great studios for $1k a day, but you don't have to spend that much for what you need. These days for $15 and $20/hr you can find some young cats with fairly nice gear who will no doubt know what their way around a session a bit better than you.

Get out there, man. Most of the best Music is a collaborative thing.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

FossilTooth gives some good advice, I would go that route.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search