The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API Lunchbox into what? Audio Interfaces
Old 30th August 2007
Here for the gear

Question API Lunchbox into what?

Ok, this is my first post, though I've been reading on GS quite a bit. I'm starting to collect gear for a home studio and on the advice of an engineer friend purchased the API 6-space lunchbox and plan to get a good couple of mic-pres to start with in it (hope to expand later, obviously). However, I'm trying to figure out what should be on the back end of the Lunchbox to go into my computer.

I need at least three good simultaneous inputs to get a decent recording of acoustic guitar and vocals. Any suggestions? I'm looking in the $600 to $1000 range. should I go with an old digi 002 or pop for a new 003 and bypass the built-in mic pres? Or is there something cheaper that I can get that still has a fast connection to the PC, and perhaps get a separate converter (I've heard the digi converter and w-clock is not great anyway)?

Thanks in advance
Old 30th August 2007
Lynx PCI

I would recommend that you check out the Lynx series PCI cards for Macintosh and Windows based desktop computers. The Lynx digital audio PCI cards are very accurate and have top notch conversion, much better than that of the 002.

There are a plethora of available configurations; such as the L22 2-in, 2-out A/D D/A with SPDIF and AES digital I/O. So when you decide to upgrade your converters in the future, the Lynx PCI card will be there to interface the digital signal into your software.

Also, the Lynx TWO A, B and C PCI cards will allow you to configure and select your needed input and output scheme.

Check it out,
http://www.lynxstudio.com/lynxtwo.html

peace
mixwell

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search