The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chair with swivel away arms for guitarists
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Head

Chair with swivel away arms for guitarists

I'm looking for a comfortable chair for my small project studio that I can use while sitting in front of the computer. Does anyone make a chair that has arms that can swivel out of the way so I can use the same chair to play guitar?
Thanks!
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

A lot of chairs (like those found at Staples) have arms attached with screws. Just don't put them on when you assemble the chair.

I'm a guitarist myself, and have never found a chair that does what you were describing above...
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Nut

that would be pretty sweet d00d
Old 30th August 2007
Here for the gear

You could get one of those students chairs from like target or walmart. They have no arms, wheels, and are pretty comfortable...plus $19.99 - Look around though, some are pneumatic and seem better built for the same price....
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Guru

maybe what you really want is a guitar playing chair that can double as an engineer's chair, not the other way around

the Pick 'n' Glider plus is not cheap but oh so sweet.

they have a cheaper one that only rocks, but does not swivel like an office chair.
Attached Thumbnails
Chair with swivel away arms for guitarists-pngplus1.jpg  
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Head

Problem is that sometimes I want arms, sometimes I don't, and I don't have room for 2 chairs.

I found this which seems close. Says it has arms that come off with just a lever. I want them to fold down or up (like arm rests on a plane) to make it easier.
It also has the circle footrest like you see on drafting chairs - that would be awesome for guitar playing! The SoundSeat MP Guitar Stool is $370 which is much higher than I was planning to spend, but maybe it will be worth it.

SoundSeat Seating for Drummers, Guitarists,Keyboard Players and Sound Techs
Attached Thumbnails
Chair with swivel away arms for guitarists-mpguitar2.jpg  
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6strings View Post
A lot of chairs (like those found at Staples) have arms attached with screws. Just don't put them on when you assemble the chair.

I'm a guitarist myself, and have never found a chair that does what you were describing above...
Be careful with this because on some of the office chairs at Staples (especially the cheaper ones), the arms are actually what holds the chair together, so they cannot be removed or left out.

Cheers!
-Mike

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search