The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mouse friendly surface on table
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Mouse friendly surface on table

I have put a new surface of some description on my table top which is made of wood.

I'd like to use my Apple mouse directly on the surface and not have the need for a mouse mat or anything like it - and still have good mouse-response for editing etc.

I would ideally like the surface to be black or dark grey - it could be painted OR some other surface that's quite sturdy and easy to clean - could be rubber or whatever... as long as the optical mouse doesn't 'slip' - you know what I mean - this is where YOUR experience comes in

The surface isn't very big so it doesn't matter if the surface isn't cheap (although I'm very happy to go with paint as long as it works) but it has to be able to withstand the occassional tea spilling etc.
Old 29th August 2007

The desks here in my office have a stippled (granite-like) pattern in the Formica.

I'd look at the Wilsonart or Formica samples down at your local lumber yard. They ought to have a black/grey "granite" pattern.

-tINY

Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Anything smooth with a bit of texture will work that DOESN'T REFLECT. The shinier the material, the more it'll play havoc with optical mice. You want a matte finish, with just enough texture for the optical sensors to discern variations.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search