The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Medium End Theory Audio Interfaces
Old 29th August 2007
Medium End Theory

I have two motu 896hd's. I looked into the Black Lion audio mod and it seems pretty good, except they can't add inserts which is something i would like to have.

It's looking like maybe I should bite the bullet and pony up for an aurora 16 and a bunch of pre's (I have just one GR-ME1NV currently). But that's a sizable investment for me currently.

So basically i'm looking for advice:

How do I get 16 good sounding channels of AD / DA + decent pres without selling my future children? Is this a pipe dream?
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Nut

(2) Echo Layla 3G's

... no kidding
Old 29th August 2007
The Audient ASP008 gets alot of mentions around here & seems pretty upper mid level bang for the buck wise.

i think it is a pipe dream. I went B ada8000 to get 16 channels operational & am currently looking @ the Creamware A16Ultra for AD/DA & a bunch of high end pres as i can afford them.

might do a search, theres a bunch of threads covering multi channel pre - AD/DA converter options in the backposts.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search