The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DA comparison Presonus products Audio Interfaces
Old 26th August 2007
Here for the gear

DA comparison Presonus products

I have heard very favorable things about the DA conversion of the Presonus Central Station (some reviews have compared it to almost Lucids AD quality)... Now, I am also considering the Firestudio... but instead of both products I am interested in the Firestudio with the MSR monitor station remote...
??
How would that DA conversion compare from the Firestudio vs. Central Station's coversion...
And if willing... could you rate in your opinion as if on a scale (1 to 10 i.e. maybe if the Lucid's was and 8, and Central stations a 7 where would the firestudio rank... and maybe also compare the M-audio audiophile 192 I am currently using in this comparison of DA... guessing m audio's might be maybe a 4???

Thanks...
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Maniac

The FS only goes to 96k, so they are probably different converters.
I'd like someone's opinion on this as well.
Of course, with the FS and the remote you gain the advantage of switching through monitors,talk back and over all level control.
I own the FS and remote.
It's DA is not my favorite.
On a side note:
I stepped down from FF800 and I also had a Apogee Mini DAC.
Big diff. in DA between RME and FS, but not much on the AD. IMO
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

Since you can't isolate the DA from the rest of the Central Station, take those reviews with a grain of salt. I wasn't blown away by what I heard when I ran my Benchmark DAC-1 through the Central Station. I'd put the CS on par with a Masterlink. If you need all those features, it's a decent piece for the cost. If you simply want a DA with volume control, go with a Lavry/Mytek/Benchmark/etc.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search