The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help with room treatment? Bass Traps
Old 26th August 2007
Here for the gear

Help with room treatment?

Im thinking about getting some room treatment for my room its rather large size. Im still living with my parents cuz im only 17 and I was wondering what kind of portable treatment is there so that I can put it up when Im not using it(parents dont want to see it). Ive read some on these DIY bass traps on here. Can someone tell me exactly what you do with them, what they help, and where you place them. Im a real noob when it comes to this stuff I practically know nothing about it.

So Ill list my questions so it will be easier to answer them all.

1. Is there any kind of portable treatment?

2. What do you do with DIY bass traps?

3. What do these DIY bass traps help?

4. How do you know where to place these things?

Thanks for the help once again.
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

I've been checking out the GIK Tri-Trap. It's probably the best choice for what you are looking for. Check it out for yourself:

GIK ACOUSTICS
Old 27th August 2007
Here for the gear

I checked those out but there a little too expensive for me. I was hoping to build something for like 40 USD because im about out of money (just bought a Mesa/Boogie guitar amp thats where my money went so quick! lol.) and I have no job right now.
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreventThis View Post
I checked those out but there a little too expensive for me. I was hoping to build something for like 40 USD because im about out of money (just bought a Mesa/Boogie guitar amp thats where my money went so quick! lol.) and I have no job right now.

$40 for the whole room or $40 per trap?

Glenn
Old 27th August 2007

Wow... $40.

I guess you could do the old "prop the old matress up in the corners" trick....

Of course, if the weather is nice, playing outside is really good for acoustics.

-tINY

Old 27th August 2007
Here for the gear

40$ per trap is what I meant. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Im going to have to check out that book that was suggested.

EDIT: Is this the right book. Amazon.com: Master Handbook of Acoustics: Books: F. Alton Everest.

Last edited by PreventThis; 27th August 2007 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: added link.
Old 27th August 2007
Here for the gear

Lightbulb

better yet visit this site for acoustic treatment and design information http://www.ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html

Also here is the forum link http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthr...oard/24/page/1

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search