The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Diamond in the Rough Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Nut

Smile Diamond in the Rough

So, I've been looking on Craigslist every day for the last few months. Finally my due diligence paid off. I saw this add that read, '60 watt instrument amp'. So, I clicked on it and there were a few more vague notes and a phone number. I called it and the guy said that it was a Panaramic Tube amp from the 60's or 70's. He said that his wife bought it brand new, used it for her keyboard, and that it still works perfectly. I’m not an expert on guitar amps, but an old Tube amp for $100? SOLD! Bought it sight unseen, picked it up and it was in perfect condition. It was made in 1960, model 1220, has the original speakers, tubes, owners manual, footswitch, etc. It plays beautifully. I bought a Fender Deluxe Reissue about a month ago and the Panaramic blows it away. I don't know much about Panaramic amps, but if you ever get the chance to play one, do it! It's like butter - that's the only way to describe it. I don't know the value of it, but the tone is beautiful. Plus I get to take back the Fender Delux - maybe trade it for a Tele or something. Has anyone played a Panaramic amp before or know anything about them? Cheers.dp
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search