The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Moving to a new studio! Need your help!
Old 26th August 2007
Here for the gear

Moving to a new studio! Need your help!

Hey Gearslutz!

I am very new to this site, and I love to record. I am fairly young, 15, and I am moving to a new house, which means a new studio. I wanna veer away from one room studios, and build my own 2 or 3 room studio in the basement. Since I have been recording in one room my whole life, I need your help. Please walk me through this. -Thanks.
Old 26th August 2007
Here for the gear

I'm jealous.

Do you need to build the walls in the basement? Are you looking for floor layouts? Or are you looking more for advice for wiring rooms and treating the walls that already exist.

This may help.
Recording Studio Design :: Index
Old 26th August 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco_rocks View Post
Do you need to build the walls in the basement? Are you looking for floor layouts? Or are you looking more for advice for wiring rooms and treating the walls that already exist.

This may help.
Recording Studio Design :: Index
I am working in a finished basement, so I am going to need to build new walls. I am looking for a floor layout and advice on wiring the rooms, and on treating the walls.
Old 28th August 2007
Here for the gear

Umm go to the website that wilco_rocks sent you to, thats where I got all the information I needed on how to redo a basement to incorporate my studio. Also try going to amazon.com or to a bookstore near you and look for some books on building or remodeling etc.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search