The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Start small or go for expandability? Audio Interfaces
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Addict

Start small or go for expandability?

I'm thinking of buying a firewire soundinterface in the likes of Presonus Firestudio, mostly because of the expandability with the ADAT connectivity. Thing is, for a poor sound engineering student like me, that's a lot of money. I'd gladly put out the money if it's an interface i can do with for some time. But if I decide to buy an external converter in, let's say, one or two years, is the Firestudio a card that will still satisfy me by then or will it become outdated? Should I go for something smaller like a Firepod or a Firebox in the meantime and completely replace it later?

A good thing with ADAT connectivity is also the fact that I can record live gigs from a digital mixer as well...

As of now, I'm leaning towards acually getting the Firestudio but I've got to think twice.
Old 26th August 2007
Gear Head

no need to think twice...

the firestudio is the best choice because it's got everything you need to start recording right away AND is expandable!

buying a firepod is not as good of an investment in the long run...
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search