The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Black Lion Tweak Head Mod anybody heard it yet?
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Maniac
Black Lion Tweak Head Mod anybody heard it yet?

I had my 002 mod done by black lion it sounds good, now they say the have a new Tweak Head Mod that sounds as good as an HD system anybody heard this mod yet?

Thanks,
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Head

I had the original mods done to my 002R (clock, analog stages, and preamps) and I'm having mine sent to them next week to get the additional "tweak head" package. I'll let you know how it goes once I get it back
Old 24th August 2007
Here for the gear

Same here. I thought the original mod cleaned up the mixes nicely. My 002 is on the bench right now at BLA for the Tweak Head mod. I'll post once I get it back and lay some tracks.

Mv
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Addict

I'd really like to get the Tweak Head mod for my 002r. I'm very interested in the results
Old 24th September 2007
Lives for gear

My 002r is scheduled for tomorrow for the mod, I can't wait to hear the results.
Please post your results when you recieve your rack back..

Thanks, Eric.
Old 26th September 2007
Gear Head

Bump!

Bumpity bump
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Head

So I got my 002 back from Black Lion Audio finally, a couple weeks ago, and I have to say, right off the bat, I don't notice too many differences from when I got the original mods done less than a year ago. I don't think I have enough of an ear to hear the differences in the older "new" clock they put in vs the newer clock. I DO notice however, that sessions that I bring home from the HD3 system at work, sound a lot better once I get them on my LE system than they used to.

I always had issues when bringing mixes home, or just any sessions in general, that I'd be disappointed with how they sounded. Just tonight, I brought home a jazz session with vox and piano, and what I hear at home now with my LE system is nearly exactly the same as what I heard at work with the HD3 system running of a pair of 192's.

Now, I don't know if it's just my ears playing games on me, because I did just move into a new apartment, but I'm just telling it as it is. The difference from a stock 002 to a lightly modded BLA 002 is HUGE, but to me the different between the lightly modded 002 to the fully modded 002 isn't that noticeable. I hope my $275 will result in better sounds and mixes, but the original $450 I invested in the first mod was DEFINITELY worth it.

Let me know if anyone else has any questions, and I'll try to answer as best I can.

- Angelo
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Head

tracking?

This is probably too early to ask, but have you done any tracking at all on the newly modded unit? I was wondering about your opinion of the modded 002 mic pres. Everything I have ever heard on them is overwhelmingly good.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search