The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
HELP Turning off Session back ups in Pro Tools. DAW Software
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

HELP Turning off Session back ups in Pro Tools.

Right now my pro tools is set up to make a back up session in a folder on my desktop everyonce in a while

I have never had to use it....and i don't like it

how do i turn it off
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent-sam View Post
Right now my pro tools is set up to make a back up session in a folder on my desktop everyonce in a while

I have never had to use it....and i don't like it

how do i turn it off
why on earth would you turn off session file backup?? You'll thank your lucky stars one day soon that it is on
Old 23rd August 2007
Here for the gear

back up

I really don't suggest you turn that off man it's a live savor
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Under preferences, where it says "keep this many backups," put "99" and where it says "back up every" put "1 minutes" That should get you where you need to be.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncival View Post
Under preferences, where it says "keep this many backups," put "99" and where it says "back up every" put "1 minutes" That should get you where you need to be.
Exactly.

That's just what you need!
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Head

saved me

its sure saved my arse a time or too, thats for sure. I think it is the best thing to come about since sliced bread and toilet paper.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

It's far too easy to get caught up in editing and not remember to save while you're comping takes together. That's about the only time I lose track of saving sessions and every time my computer freaks out it seems that its around the sort of work...

Who knows, if you've got some big balls, then go without automatically backing up.
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Addict

I promise that you'll lose the session when you least want it to happen. It's like Murphy's law or something.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

i see......well i dont know about all you people but i have a habbit of hitting (command s)

every 60 seconds or so anyways....then every couple hours i just back up to an external drive.

I just dont like having a bunch of session backups.....and ive never had to use it

Anyways i quit being so lazy and just figured it out myself.....guess im going to die or something....... maybe....
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Maniac

i've had to go into that folder one million times too many, its a life saver. the files are pretty small and they delete themselves automatically, why not just set it to save the last 1 or 2, just in case?
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

I'm always good about saving often, but there was one time that the session file got corrupted somehow, and the auto backup saved my life. I would have had to redo at least 2 days work free of charge.
Another nice thing is the ability to go back however many versions if you decide you don't like where you've ended up with something.
I mean really, a session file is what, 3 MB?
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevvahhh View Post
i've had to go into that folder one million times too many, its a life saver. the files are pretty small and they delete themselves automatically, why not just set it to save the last 1 or 2, just in case?
good call..... i think i will do that
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search