The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mixer Choice Mixers (Analog)
Old 23rd August 2007
Here for the gear

Mixer Choice

I'm going to buy a new mixer and I'm not sure which one I should get here are my choices

Mackie CFX12•mkII Close-Up | Sweetwater.com

Soundcraft Spirit FX8 Close-Up | Sweetwater.com

I hear Mackie pre's are really good but soundcraft I've heard the same. Any suggestions.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear
Do not get that Mackie. The Onyx series is good, but the CFX and VLZ series are borderline terrible. That Soundcraft isn't all that much better. If you're going to invest in a mixer, get something that will allow you to grow into it. Check out Allen and Heath for good, affordable mixers that pack a ton of routing and features into a small package. Don't be afraid to spend a little extra dough... trust me, it's worth it. You buy that Mackie or the Soundcraft Spirit and I guarantee you will be replacing it with something better within 2 years.
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Guru

stay away rom mackie, it sounds ok but falls apart before your eyes, those are surface mount boards and expesive to work on at that.
Old 23rd August 2007
Here for the gear

Mixer Choice

Thanks guys I think ima go with the Allen & heath Ive heard nothing but good from them and if you have any links that i can get it for cheaper let me know Iv'e already checked ebay this is the one im thinking of getting

Allen & Heath MixWizard3 12:2 Close-Up | Sweetwater.com
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear
If you like the layout and format of the Allen and Heath MixWizard mixers, you should check out the Crest XR-20, which is a phenomenal compact mixer for a reasonable price. It's more expensive than the MixWizard, but its also a mixer you'll want to keep around for a long time.

If budget is an issue, look around for a used Allen and Heath GL2200 or GL2400 series mixer. Great bang for the buck. In fact, I'm using a 16 ch. GL2400 right now as I'm typing this. Still maybe a little more money than a MixWiz, but better I think.

Still, the MixWizard is a good choice.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

mixer

If you can afford it get a 16 channel toft atb.You will not be disappointed. I have a 32 ch toft and it is working great for my productions i'm doing.
Check out the toft threads on this forum for info.
Dan
Old 23rd August 2007
djp
Gear Maniac

one for sale

I have a mint condition 16x2 A&H for sale in classifieds.

It's relatively brand new.

djp

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search